What if Bob Marley was alive today...?

Discussion in 'General' started by stillblaziinn, Sep 18, 2012.

1. What if Bob Marley was alive, or somehow like time traveled to 2012? What would he be like? What do you think his viewpoints on stuff would be? I had a couple ideas and typed them out but i'm too blazed to make sure it makes sense haha. So share your thoughts!!:smoke:

2. He'd probably be real old, smell like good weed, and hate the world we live in today

3. What if, what if

4. He'd probably OD on something...I mean, it is not like we are any better today than we were back then.

I'm sure there would be a high level of disappointment if he viewed the world today.:cool:

5. Hmmm I just can't picture an OD!! But yeah I feel like he'd be disgusted.

6. Then there would be REAL music playing on the radio

7. There would be more overrated reagge.

8. He would definitely be disappointed and probably depressed. I think there would also be a lot more peace, however, because he is the kind of person (from what I have seen in his interviews and what not) who would never give up on world peace and would likely be a large political figure. I've never actually met somebody who doesn't at least respect Marley's views on peace, so people would definitely listen to him.

I also have a good feeling Marijuana would be decriminalized.

However, in some ways, he would be less of an icon. Many people regarded to as the "Greatest musicians of all time" died young and in their prime, before they had a chance to sell out/ lose content and blend in with the mediocre. Some of Bob's most meaningful and peaceful quotes would likely be overlooked and perhaps even lose their meaning. Just something to ponder, I am most definitely not saying his music would be any less life-changing.

For example, think of how much more praised Ice Cube would be had he been shot somewhere around 1996-99? Not better, but much more praised.

9. One thing I hope is that he wouldn't have made any other genre and stayed with the Roots Reggae.

10. This is perfect.

11. [quote name='"twitchydude420"']There would be more overrated reagge.[/quote]

[​IMG]

12. Not disagreeing with you nor am I siding with you, but...

You don't insult Bob Marley on a Cannabis website :smoke: Just common sense.

13. He would support Ron Paul

14. ^^
    not a chance in hell

15. He'd probably be mad his family sold out his name for money.

16. Lol. I know marley was a great person and I admire that, but I hate most of his music.

17. What if Hitler was alive?

what if Tupac was alive?

what if lie to me was still on tv?

18. hes chillin with Elvis man they are both alive

19. #19 BudButler, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
    agreed awesome guy awesome stoner but his music not for me tho i do get in the mood for it every now an then
    hmmmmmmm there would be more polka music!...

20. The only politician advocating peace and individual freedom to do with your body what you want?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh