Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What if a cop searches me anyway?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Relted, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Lets say I'm walking down a street and I have a dime on me, if a pig pulls up and asks to empty my pockets and i respond "I don't consent to a search" but he says "do it or else I will.." what do I do, if he finds something how do i respond if the search was forced. If they force a search and find nothing can I sue? Guess those were just some q's that popped in my head... :rolleyes:

2. If they say do it or I will just repeat that you do not consent to any searches and if they do and find anything you can take it to court and they will have to get rid of the evidence and i'm not sure if you can sue even if they dont find anything or not

3. in most places they can search you for no reason other then to make themselves to feel safe... you just have to give consent to search your car, which doesn't matter because if you say no they'll just make up some bs reason.

4. If you do not consent to a search and they search you anyway, I'm fairly certain you could sue them.

5. If he searches you, sue his ass for profiling

6. I don't think a cop is going to force you to consent to a search without probable cause anyway.

7. Make sure to ask if you're being detained or free to go. And don't wait for a police dog to come. Saying you don't consent to any searches is not a crime even if a cop tries to make it sound like one.

8. IF HE UNLAWFULLY SEIZES PARAPHENALIA ITS VOID IN COURT!!! haha

9. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

10. All you have to do is say "No sir, I don't consent to a search. Am I free to go?" and start walking. If he says "No, you aren't." you inform him that this has just become a detention and ask what his resonable suspicion was for stopping you.

11. This.

Although it is always difficult to win in court, your word against a cop and all...This is where those leaching blood-sucking lawyers come in handy.

12. wow thanks everyone. this helps a lot i think i'm still worried. it makes me so paranoid you carry bud and i spend hours figuring out secret pockets in shoes and stuff.

13. Don't carry bud on you?

14. file for a motion to dismiss the evidence on the grounds that it was found illegally and unconstitutionally as you did not consent to search at the time it was found and there was no probable cause to search you without a warrant

15. EVERYONE hates a lawyer, until they need one. I have my own strong opinions that equate lawyers to politicians, but that being said, I have one on retainer. He helped me once and I now have his number memorized. Guess who MY one call will be to.

16. yea i've been doing some research, and cops can pat you down but not search you without your consent unless they feel something suspicious.

17. You can start with not calling them pigs... Just saying.

18. They can't just go up and pat you down though. They are allowed what is known as a "cursory search or pat-down" for OFFICER SAFETY reasons. His safety is not in jeopardy until he contacts you. At which point he BETTER have a reason to contact you in the first place.

19. its pretty impossible to get to place to place without having bud on you at anytime, especially to/from a party or friends house, after a pick up, to a drop off. I don't just keep a g on me at all times, but it would be unrealistic to say I would never travel with green on me.

20. yea but in most places a shady looking kid walking down the side of the road is reason enough to make a stop. and yes, a decent lawyer could get it thrown out, but the fact of the matter is that they will search you, and if you get caught with something, they'll most likely overlook the fact that you were searched unjustly