what if a blind person took acid

Discussion in 'General' started by bleh210, Apr 12, 2006.

1. what would happen do you think

2. Close your eyes, take some acid, keep them closed, then let us know :)

3. Dude wow thats so weird I was thinking the exact same thing today

4. Yes, there are visuals, but there is so much more to acid than the visual hallucinations.

Besides, hallucinations don't need your eyes. They come from your mind.

5. cuz like u see things and u think your seein in but its all in your head but they dont have eyes so would they just see nothing or something

6. well I guess it would depend on whether or not their eyes are functioning. If their eyes are capable of working (they are blind for some reason other than malfunctioning eyes) or they aren't completely blind I presume they would see as darkcreed said. If they don't have eyes or their eyes really don't work then they wouldn't have any visuals I guess.

7. okay and...... did he see the colors or not?? lol

8. nah unfortunately he didn't, would have been the coolest thing ever.

9. just because youre blind doesnt mean the body buzz and auditory hallucinations would cease.

10. from what i've read, theres been anecdotal evidence that colorblind people can sense some color through the use of lsd. could have been on erowid. who knows if thats been verified though.

11. it would also depend if they were blind from birth or later went blind because of an accident. if from birth, then I would say no visuals.... but if they hadn't always been blind then they would have memories of what things look like and therefore could potentially have visuals, because remember it's all in your head.

12. ^ya thats true. cuz if they were blind from birth they wouldnt know what anything looked like. they would probably see swirling colors and shit like that.

13. exactly what I was going to say. You have to draw from some memory of what vision IS otherwise you wouldn't be able to understand it.

14. maybe they will be able to see until the trip wears off

15. Well they wouldn't be able to see, at all. But they could percieve vision. A vivid clear memory, enhanced to the point where they would visualize.

Good topic.

16. yeh, that's what I thought when I read the topic starter.

17. i disagree, people say that using other senses blind people can sense and "see" whats around them.

granted, they wont get breathing walls, superficial color patterns, or hallucinations, but i think they could sense something happening that isnt there and vice versa.