What I miss about the South

Discussion in 'General' started by Heinous Anus, Jun 22, 2006.

1. A couple months back I had to move out here, to the desert in New Mexico. I was born and raised in the South and of course, grew up on Southern Sweet Tea. Nope, not a redneck. :rolleyes:

I miss it! Its so damn hot out here (although, I love the heat) and I drink about 2 gallons of water a day, but every once in awhile I get the craving for some tea. I try to get it at the restuarants, but its like they just took some tea, threw some ice in it, and added a packet or two of Splenda. Bah.

In South Carolina, they had this place called, "The Beacon" Best. Tea. Ever. I'm sure any of you who grew up in South/North Carolina, know this place...its damn famous. Aaaahhh...I made myself all thirsty for some. :smoking:

[​IMG]

2. I hate iced tea with a passion, however Checkers Sweetened ICed Tea is the shit. You southern's sure know your tea.

3. i HATE THE SOUTH!! LOL GET ME OUT OF HERE!!! :hide:

4. I remember when I was visiting my family up North. I went to a diner and mistakenly asked for Sweet Tea. Got the strangest look, then the question, "Are you from the South?"

Its never the same...

5. Yeah i vacationed in chicago for a couple days and NO ONE had sweet tea. Some places tried to make some, but it was just sugar in tea. It was rough.

6. Yea, those old, southern women really know how to brew some tasty Tea. Oh well, I gots me water.

7. Oh...another thing I miss about the Florida/North Carolina, etc. Trees! All we have are shrubs and sage brush out here. Its horrible. And when there is a tree...they cut it down for some unknown reason.

I want shade and oxygen, damnit!

8. yeah dud im from florida orlando to be exact and dont have a southern accent at all so me and my brother go to minnesota and stop in tennessee for gas, walk in and this lady looks at me fun for the way i asked where the bathroom was, then i buy a map and she's like you guys aint from around here real redneck style and i ask what kind of accent do i have, you got a northern accent and then my bro asks the same Q and she says you got a southern accent so people are retards about southerns yeah south does kick ass man

i'd hate to move outta here

9. lol, yea. When I go up north people say they can hear a tiny hint of a southern accent. Not a redneck drawl, but just a wee accent.

Wow...I grew up in Daytona. Only about 45 mins away.

I'm your Boogie Man! Boogie Man!
    Turn me ooonn!
    I'm your Boogie Man! Boogie Man!
    Do what you waaannt!

10. lol southern people can tell ur from the north when you can speak an entire sentence without saying the word yall haha. no joke, people down here use yall as every other word! jesus, learn a new word!! :mad::mad::mad:.......not all southern people r bad tho, my best friend's entire family is from the south and they r cool as shit...but i still dont like the south :p

11. Bah...hell no. I've never said, "Y'all, Ain't, any other words associated with that type of southerner."

12. like i said, not all southerners are bad, and not all southerners that say yall are bad either. im just angry at the southerners that are backwards ass racist bias baptist hicks that talk about god all the time, call people yankees and act like they are better, and call gay people fags, plus try to get slavery legal again....DOUCHEBAGS!!!

13. dude anus im from daytona man we should have smoked together what school you go to

14. I went to Highschool in North Carolina. But, if I did go to highschool there, it would have been Seabreeze High.

15. Oh yea, there were plenty of people like that around me. Although, I got along with them really well. Hell, all those people and I used to party together. But, yea it was annoying listening to all the ignorance down there.

16. I am from Tennessee and there is a huge share of ungodly rednecks and wanna be rednecks, but to be honest its alot more 'civilized' then most people think. It is just funny they only show huge rednecks on the news and on TV from tennessee.

17. I wanna go to the south some day for a couple months. I wanna go hunting and go fish with a gigging pole and bow; and have easy access to all the fireworks that are illegal here. I heard if you take the explosives from thoes mortors and cut down the fuse it's like a colourful granade. Souds like small towns in the south have allot of potential fun.

Too bad the beer isn't the best and buds not nearly as good as i like it.

18. You can always BYOB (bring your own beer/bud/buddha) ;)

19. Hey man NC is not that bad,:D I love it here. JOE>

P.S. sweet tea rocks....

20. a local restaraunt called dairy burger makes sweet tea. Everyone for 100 miles knows about that tea. Most people can't even live without it now. I have to admit though...it is damn good tea.