What I have so far

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lafindumonde, Jun 10, 2009.

1. This is my first post after going through a ton of research. So hopefully I don't come off as a complete idiot. Any help you guys could give me would be much, much appreciated. This is my second grow box, and I've put much more thought into this one than the previous.

So here are my thoughts so far:
    I'm going to be doing something small and stealthy in a closet. Total closet size is about 5'10"x3'x8'10"- it's a pretty big closet. Closet is connected to a bedroom. Bedroom is approx 10'x10.6', and has two windows, one of which has a mounted air conditioner for air intake. Absolutely no smell can reach the outside hallway, and preferably not even inside the actual bedroom if possible. Using the entire closet space as a grow room doesn't seem like a good idea, as I don't want to have to deal with venting the air through the doorknob hole somehow and I'm thinking that masking the smell will be much harder when the entire closet is involved as well.

Sooooo....I will be building a box within the closet in order to *hopefully* control odor etc. Right now I have a New Wave T5 fluorescent lamp- 2 feet long and 8 bulbs = 16,000 lumens: T5 Fluorescent grow lamp

I will be growing white rhino and ak47. Have 10 total seeds, but was thinking about doing only 5 total plants because of smell and lighting limitations- good idea? Or would I successfully be able to mask the smell using the homemade fan/carbon scrubber method on the box? How many plants can this T5 flourescent lamp handle anyways? Could I Beef up my lighting by adding 48" shop lights on the side of the box (and thus making it 4' tall) and ultimately produce enough light for 10 plants?

Another question: I'm going to have 4 cool lamps and 4 warm lamps in the T5 during the veg cycle. During the flower cycle, should I keep it the same or would it be best to switch all lamps to warm?

I already have a bunch of leftover rectangular planting containers. They are 27"x12"x11" Is it okay to grow 2 plants within one large rectangular container, and give them 1sq foot of space each, or should I just go with separate buckets?

Finally, what is the optimal height for this kind of a grow box? It would be nice to keep it shorter, but am definitely open to suggestions :).

:eek:Please help me make some decisions :)

2. bump....anyone?