What I get to do every Tuesday at work

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kentalish, Nov 20, 2012.

1. I work in a restaurant at this market with goats on the roof. The market is a tourest attraction so naturaly business has died down because its fall.
    The restaurant is now closed Tuesday and Wednsday, but I get to work because I am a dishwasher and I am needed to clean dishes for other departments.
    So every Tuesday its slow as fuck and I am alone. I get to work and do whatever dishes might happen to be there, go blaze somewhere, come back to work and make food... I have access to anything so I can make anything... I just had some candied bacon and I wanted to let you know it tasted amazing

2. Man, my friend had a dish washing job where he just bummed around and smoked all day, and he got paid good. Lol I want a job like that.

3. Some people say its the worst job.... But really it isnt

4. Well it is for people who actually want to do more than just wash dishes for a living in life. :p

5. Never said I wanted to wash dishes my whole life.... Why do people always think that?

6. #6 STIGGY, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
    Kent I give you a lot of credit for having a job,
    GOOD Job!

7. I was a dishwasher for a few months a couple years back. It wasn't that bad i just didnt like the management. i would love to wash dishes if it paid better.

8. Doyou smoke on the roof with the goats?
    You should bring them some food, they're very nice.

9. bring them a lamb kebab and film it then put it on the internet

10. Do you live in BC?

11. +rep for cannabalism and im high and that sounds delicious

12. You work at coooombs awesome

13. This seems like a very chill way to work bro I wouldn't mind doing something like that..

14. Best job I've had is collecting trolleys for Marks and Spencer. The shop itself was in the town center, so I just got to bum around town for hours on end. As long as the shop didn't run out of trolleys, my supervisors didn't give a shit if I sat outside starbucks stoned with my mates.

15. Did you just exclusively collect trolleys for them? Or did they make you do shop floor work as well? Would be easy just collecting up trolleys around town blazed up and listening to tunes!

16. I never had to work the shop floor because I worked in the Operations department which was behind the scenes stuff like taking deliveries and collecting trolleys. I speant about 50% of my time on trolley duty (bumming around town stoned), 30% of my time doing other easy tasks and 20% killing time at the end of the day (usually playing football or chatting with co-workers). I got paid £7.11/hr most days and £11.50 an hour on sundays. Worked there for 2 years when I was in sixth form, was an awesome job to have.

17. Why?
    I mean I get what you're saying but, you know lamb doesn't come from goats right? There's goat meat too. That's called chevon.

OP, I maintain you should spend some time with those goats.
    They're usually very friendly, and funny to watch.

18. Damn, lamb kebabs sound pretty damn good right about now. :smoking:

19. Sounds like a sweet set up man. I currently bus tables and its pretty chill except that the good managers all found new jobs. We spend about half our time fuckin around high talkin shit and what not.

20. #20 Kentalish, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
    [quote name='"nouseforaname"']Do you live in BC?[/quote]

Yes I do

[quote name='"Herbpipe1027"']Sounds like a sweet set up man. I currently bus tables and its pretty chill except that the good managers all found new jobs. We spend about half our time fuckin around high talkin shit and what not.[/quote]

Exact same here lol