What I believe is a great suggestion.

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by SmokeeTheBear, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My suggestion:

Allow the Original Poster of a thread to "ban" people from posting in that thread. This will end a lot of problems, as it will allow the creator of threads to instantly ban any trouble-makers who continue to troll them relentlessly. Sort of a way to let the citizens of Grass City help to self-moderate in a sense. (of course again, this is only in threads that they have started).

I think it's a great suggestion and would help to take a load off of the moderators, because I'm sure you all have much more important things to do.

Thanks for the consideration. :smoke:

2. Yeah, it would also allow them to "ban" anyone from their thread who is saying "Hey, discussion of other drugs is not allowed" or just plain disagreeing with their opinion.

Sorry, but I don't see how this would help at all, to be completely honest. :poke:

3. I have never in all my years of computing ever seen this as a feature of any of the dozens, nay hundreds, of message boards that I've been to.

4. I think it's not a terrible idea but I think people would abuse it some how

5. I believe Smokee would be one of the first to abuse such a feature.

6. Nah dude, that's a terrible idea, and what JD said is correct. I think you should be able to close your own threads instead of deleting them when they turn into arguments and get trolled. But no being able to "ban users" would go horribly wrong. :p

7. I also think that it is a terrible idea

8. Well, I think we're all in agreement here. Sorry, Smokee. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.