What Hydroponic system do you use?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by IrishPirate, Nov 16, 2016.

?

What hydroponic system do you use?

1. DWC (Deep Water Culture)

50.0%
  2. RDWC (Top Fed DWC; aka bubbleponics)

12.5%
  3. NFT (Nutrient Film Technique)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ebb and Flow

4.2%
  5. Aquaponics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Aeroponics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Drip System

12.5%
  8. Hand-Watered Hydro (soil-hydro fusion)

12.5%
  9. Other (please reply with the system :D )

8.3%
  1. What system do you use or prefer?

If you have used more than one, which would you suggest to growers new to hydroponics? Which would you suggest to more experienced growers?

Please vote for the one you prefer and reply to the thread with your suggestions :)

If you use hydro, but maybe don't know the name of your type of system, check out this page on Grow Weed Easy to find your system.

2. Ebb n flow is great ! Very low maintenance and consistent impressive results.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

3. If you're a hydro grower, and your pH is lower than 6.3; you're doing it wrong.

Under current system here.

4. None soil grow

• Like Like x 1
  5. How's the yield and potency compared to other forms of growing you've tried/seen the results of?

6. Yeild is much better in my ebb n flow setup than when i grow in coco coir and the potency is the same

7. I've done soil, coco coir, and DWC... Best results for me have been DWC.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I've heard DWC and RDWC are the best, but the only setup tutorial I've found was for an RDWC on the site I linked. Is a DWC as simple as it looks?

9. For me it is. When I started doing DWC about 12 years ago, I didn't even look at anything but temps. I would always just use 1/2 strength nutes ( pure blend pro ), top the res every other day, and never had a failed grow.

Granted, I've never done anything besides a 1 plant grow for personal use, so if you are planning on something larger than a single bucket or two, RDWC is probably the way to go.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I have done single bucket dwc also .....easy and fast its a good way to grow

11. It is. I learned by reading tutorials on the old overgrow forums years and years ago. There used to be a user called NIMBY that was famous for doing stealth grows in 2, 66 liter rubbermaid storage bins, 1 inverted on the top of the other, so it looked like a giant clamshell. And that was his method.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have only grew out a couple dwc plants in five gallon bubble buckets ..... they kept up with my ebb n flo set up side by side ..... i would like to build a rdwc
    set up for growing some monster plants

• Like Like x 1
  13. Never done an ebb n flo, what are your thoughts compared to DWC?

14. I like them both but i have done so well with ebb n flo.... last winter i pulled down almost 2 pounds per light with out any training just slapped some tomato cages a round the plants and maintained one reservoir that being said my go to guy for hydro help kills it in his 2 plant rdwc set up..... my Gorilla Glue I grew last winter in ebb n flow[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] so Ebb n Flo has treated me well

• Like Like x 3
  15. Ebb n flo blue dream this plant yeilded 13.5 oz in a 10 in basket of hydroton [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. Those are some nice plants. I don't have anything that elaborate, just a little 3 X 3 tent with a 400W HPS. I usually average 6 oz +/- per grow.

I've been out of it for a few years due to living arrangements, but now that MA has legalized cultivation, I'm starting back up on Dec 15. I'm thinking of swapping out the HPS for a Vivarspectra 600W LED...

• Like Like x 3
  17. actually your ph can be between 5.5 and 6.5.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Has anyone experimented with LED and HPS hydro grows? I'm curious to see some personal testimonials rather than just what I read.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  19. I don't know anyone firsthand, but if you go to youtube and do a search for "LED grow" there are a ton of videos from people using them.

20. Flo n gro, this system has been awesome, I used under current before, but I switched because of water usage. I've been experimenting with flood times, next run I'm going to use grow stones or hydroton so I can flood longer. First run I got almost 2 lbs off 1000w.
    This is my 2nd run.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app