What Hydroponic Nutrient Do You Use??

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jakesterjammin, Dec 18, 2011.

1. #101 kenzoSlice, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
    So then why at the bottom of that very paragraph It says no pgrs? Checkmate u got me though lol. Nice work sage. I'm still gonna use it I use everything else n I'm getting some good results I think.but I didn't know what a pgr was until yesterday. Everyday you learn something new

I'm going to try AN one time to

2. I'm using ionic's one part grow and bloom. Any advice on this nute as I know nothing about it.?? I bought some rapid start for my seedlings and will use liquid cool bloom and floraliscious plus for flower boosters.. I know nothing about them.. I'll be using a (3) gallon bubble bucket. Filling with 2 gallons to start veg cycle. Advice plz..?

3. I use advanced nutrients Ph perfect..and I must say that it's pretty idiot proof..I have yet to burn my leaves..and the plants are exploding with growth that I've never seen before

4. #104 zeroshawdow, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
    I root for AN any day of the Year. However PH Perfect means nothing to me and too many others. Once you have your recipe dialed in you will have PH Perfect.

I will explain myself. I know as today after I mix my nutrients how much PH Up or Down,I have to add for the Solution reach the PH I aiming for. That translate I do not use my PH Pen because I know how much will be. Have been like that for the past 6 months. I do use when I'm changing the rates of introduce a new nutrient.

Like I said I root for AN. I use their product and they Party Rock. However is a good marketing strategy the PH Perfect.

"The PH will stay Perfect as long you use only AN products"

I rather have this

[​IMG]

But have the freedom to play with nutrients as I wish !

I like to add so many Organic and Chemical Additives is so Crazy !

At the end is matter of taste and preferences. However for new growers I absolutely recommend PH perfect.

HIH

ZS

5. [quote name='"zeroshawdow"']I root for AN any day of the Year. However PH Perfect means nothing to me and too many others. Once you have your recipe dialed in you will have PH Perfect.

I will explain myself. I know as today after I mix my nutrients how much PH Up or Down,I have to add for the Solution reach the PH I aiming for. That translate I do not use my PH Pen because I know how much will be. Have been like that for the past 6 months. I do use when I'm changing the rates of introduce a new nutrient.

Like I said I root for AN. I use their product and they Party Rock. However is a good marketing strategy the PH Perfect.

"The PH will stay Perfect as long you use only AN products"

I rather have this

But have the freedom to play with nutrients as I wish !

I like to add so many Organic and Chemical Additives is so Crazy !

At the end is matter of taste and preferences. However for new growers I absolutely recommend PH perfect.

HIH

ZS[/quote]

I agree with you 100%.. The only draw back its not being able to use other products with AN.. And i've been Told by many growers that once you have your schedule figured out its about the same as ph perfect..But I do like the ease of just adding nutes to my res and not worrying about the Ph until the water level drops.. When you have your setup dialed in do you have to moniter the ph ever few days, our does it stay the same until you add back ? This is only my third hydro grow..so i'm still learning.

6. #106 zeroshawdow, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
    I learned is up to the Strain absorption rate. I do not monitor the PH once is in the Rez. Matter fact I just check in a daily basis the roots more than anything. PH fluctuation will be noticeable next day. You can tell your PH is starting to be out range, when you notice changes in your foliage. That's why is so important to keep a healthy foliage. Since the plants cannot and will not talk to us with words. However they do it thru their Foliage. There is a reason Manufactures and Growers recommend PH between 5.5 to 6.5 for Hydro.

What I do is ... I start my solution PH@5.5. At the end of the week, when is time to change the solution. I do a PH and PPM Test and my PH@6.1-6.2

How do I achieve consistently my PH@5.5 months ago. Trial and Error and once you found it, stick to your recipe ! :D

I have found when I used to monitor PH in a daily basis, even when the plants were looking perfect. I mess it up trying to adjust it. Because PH will be settle after a few minutes not 2 or 3 minutes 5 or plus in my case. So I was thinking it settle at 5.5 ! I was wrong, because if I take a sample and let it sit for a few more minutes the PH will go down to the 4.9-4.8

That's why I start PH@5.5 and let the plant do her magic. She will find the sweet spot and drink the solution as soon the PH reach the desire sweet spot.

HIH

ZS

7. house and garden brand. why is the poll closed?

8. we ran out of strippers.:D:D:D

9. oh poll not pole.lol

10. [quote name='"thesage3"']oh poll not pole.lol[/quote]

haha ha

11. hey, im from Aus and i use bloom. Down here i pay these prices per L:

$45-60(depending on store)= Final, Ooze, Phat,

$40= Roots, Silica*

$37.50= Ultra

$30= Organic sweet, PK, Cal-mag, Pre, Seaminerals

$15= Seafuel, Seaweed, grow A/B, flower A/B

I have everything except the base nutes, pre, seamineral and silica, i plan to get the others apart from the silica in the next few days. So all up i will pay something like $450 for the whole lineup (using in hydro and soil, using seamin/fuel/weed in soil only)

All of the products are really good, ive noticed big improvements on taste and resin production with my strains that ive grown out quite a few times before with a random mix of various companies nutes. The yields have been bigger but not massive difference, enough to mention it thats for sure, every bit counts! I still have plenty of room for improvement in the yield department i think(when i get the pre). The main difference is the greasy trichs that cover the buds, way more abundant and sticky and stinky than before. there was plenty of trichs on my bud bfore i started using these products but the improvement is awesome, and the form of the bud is tighter, more dense.

maybe because im using a whole lineup, it's more dialed in, and im not just taking a bunch of products that i hear good things about and seeing what happens. I know what i want in the products i buy but you never know what might happen and what works together.

I will prob use these products until i get around to making my own stuff, like triacontanol solution, amino acid solution, bacterial inoculant, carbo solution, all mixed with humic/fulvic acid and kelp etc. If i do this i could cut all yellow bottles from my feed chart and just use a cheaper base nute and keep the PK they have cos its 0-19-21.5 and only $30/L. I was also thinking about stopping the yellow bottles outside and start using super soil as it will be a way cheaper alternative.

so when it comes down to it for me, i dont mind spending $450 on a lineup for my hydro, cos it covers all bases, it will last me ages, i will get so many runs from these bottles, many will go 5,6+ runs.

the stores around here sell International nutes at outragous prices so all euro and US products are through the roof, most aussie products are still very reasonable though. Canna rhizotonic 1L is $120, canna boost 1L is $230, H&G algen extract only 250ml is $97, H&G roots excel 250ml is $150! WTF. It would cost me near $600 for the whole set of canna nutes and about $680 for not even the whole H&G lineup(cant even get all the products here yet)

/2cents, when i get my shit up and running again pics will be had! [​IMG]

12. I just updated my journal a lil while ago with some cut down pics I cut down 1

I used mostly the whole line I love it I'm going to use em again

13. Well Guys I'm officially out of my Base Nutrients. I have to admit. I like to satisfy my own curiosity. The Yellow Bottles raise my eye brows. However since I'm such a AN user/fan, I cannot give 100% Feedback without trying the PH Perfect Technology.

I still have Lucas Formula. I got 1/2 bottle of Micro and 1/2 of Bloom. I like Lucas so far in Vegetation. I can vouch for the formula, any day of the week. However I found the Lucas Formula in Flowering do not give my plants the shiny green foliage, Sensi Bloom gives me. Therefore I won't be using Lucas for Flowering if I don't have to use it.

This is the last AN test run I make. After the results start coming in. I will let you know if I'm confident and it won't get better or if I still have the hunch. That something better is out there.

Peace

ZS

14. Right now, I'm using the pH Perfect nutrients from AN, and they are amazing. I mean, I know I say that about AN all the time, but really, this MMJ growing round seems far easier and stronger.

Can't wait to see how my grows continue to improve. Or maybe they don't need to be any better than they already are. LOL

15. #115 Dirtbud, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    I have been thinking of switching lines just to see if there really is any difference. I have ran c99 enough times that if there would be a difference I would be able to see it easily.

Does anyone else think that it will make much a difference say going from aquaflakes to botanicare? I would not think so but a friend of mine seems to disagree.

Are all nutrients created equally? (as in can you get pretty much same results with all if used right?)

I have always been from the school of thought that light is the biggest factor for dense dank nugs ex: using 1000k's, rotating and having side/under penetration.

16. I'm going to update my yellow bottles thread now w pics check then out

17. I got a thread going guys you can check her out from seed. She's a Kosher Kush from DNA genetics. im using ionic's one part grow & bloom with the bloom booster no additives other than GH rapid start.

If I knew how to post the link to it I would.. But u guys are pros.. I trust you'll tune in.. ::smoke

18. Ghe all the way say its 3 part but you have better results in just using 2/part or even 1 part with root booster bloom booster hammerhead overdrive ya ec ph are bang on its a no brainier

19. Foxfarm.... :)

20. still only using GHE, FloraDuo grow and bloom with Diamond Nectar , added Mineral Magic for my current grow.
    so far the plants look the best i have ever had.
    middy