What hydro method is right for me?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by midgaar, Jul 24, 2008.

1. I'm having a lot of troubles with my current DWC setup. I started in a 10 gallon rubbermaid with an air stone and seem to have gotten root rot. Sense then I've made 3 of rumple's buckets and currently using them. I have the sick plants in there from the rubbermaid and will give the buckets a shot with fresh plants if and when my current plants die. Here's my problem though. I can control my tent temps at 75-80 without much problems but from the readings I got today my buckets water temps are about the same. I know they should be under 70 and a chiller is not an option for me at this time. I was wondering what hydroponic systems I can cheaply create or buy that don't require the water temp to be below 70. I was thinking ebb & flo or drip (waterfarm). Any advice? Maybe I could convert my bubble buckets into a drip, like the waterfarms.

In the meantime I picked up some soil and will have a go with that until my current plants die.

2. try coco coir dude, you'll love it!!!

3. Get some 500ml bottles freeze them put them in your buckets, buy twice as many as the number of buckets you have so as one set is in the buckets the other is freezing then rotate.

Peace