Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What have I done?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Popsmeds, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Please. Would someone who knows, tell me what I have done to my buds.
    I broke my cured buds by hand, spread out well (leaving some small nugs so I could see how they crumbled) put them in a glass dish covered tightly with foil and baked at 240 degrees for 75 minutes. The oven temp was monitored and steady throughout. ( I preheated for a while to maintain temp )
    After complete cooling, I removed from oven (still tightly covered).
    The color was slightly golden brown. The small nugs had brighter color when broken up. All was the consistency described on here, being very light and crumbly.
    I did a light grind and put it in Everclear 190.
    Either the effect is very new to me or I may have heated too long.
    Did I ruin my buds bc I heated for 75 mins?

• Funny Funny x 1

2. Yes you ruined your weed decarb takes 40 minutes not 75 & you don't cover the tin/bowl with tin foil when you decarb either

3. The herb will still have some potency, but also a lot of CBN.
    I once did a double decarb on a small test batch, which is similar to what you've done.
    Contrary to all of the internet statements that CBN is sedating, the herb gave me insomnia and jitters.
    Don't know whether it was due to the extra CBN, or to insufficient THC.
    Tossed it.

4. No disrespect but most everything I researched said cover to prevent airborne thc from dissipating

5. Check out @BrassNwood post about hash oil caps, I'm 90% sure he doesn't use tin foil & doesn't decarb for 75mins..

6. Cover, don't cover, it really doesn't matter.
    The only way to prevent dissipation of gases is to decarb in an air-tight chamber, and somehow re-condense trapped vapors.
    The human nose is an amazing detector of odor, and even when your house reeks, almost zero mass is lost.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. My experience with the few drops definitely gave me a sense of well being but there was no "high" per se. I am going to try a dropper full in a small drink today to see if it works differently going through the liver. Definitely 40 minutes next time. I had read that heating it 40 mins releases thc and 90 mins increases cbd. I figured 75 mins was in between

8. I will ultimately buy the decarb nova

9. The latest evidence I've seen says cbd decarbs the same as thc when undecarbed thc-a is also present. Only high cbd strains yield cbd

10. While 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered has become the basic decarb your 75 min should still have plenty of bite if on the sleepy side due to the extended decarb. Only testing can tell.

Sound like to much THC and not enough CBD-CBN. I've had that effect from a really early harvested plant. All jittery, Couldn't stay in my chair. Had a bad case of the I gotta go someplace and do something but I'm not sure what. Real brain scrambler crap. Found I could cut it with 50% another strain and it was usable but mother it was nasty on it's own.

Depending on how your ratio of weed to Alcohol works out you simply may need more per dose.
    My method is to decarb the weed first. Then freeze the weed and the booze separately.
    Combine, Shake hard 10-20 seconds and squeeze out the tincture.
    Done
    I do a short quart of weed bud scraps to a fifth of 190 proof. An eyedropper of that hits like a half a joint and lasts about an hour.
    [​IMG]
    It's just enough fluid to fully soak the weed and enough more to float it all and agitate well. More booze then that just means weaker tincture and I wanna get high not drunk.
    [​IMG]

Potato ricer gets the squeezing done. A garlic press works well for small runs but it's a pain to get the pressed puck out of.

[​IMG]
    The short 10 second wash is all that's needed for the alcohol to strip the goodness from the weed. Longer just brings more waxes and chlorophyll and most of us try and limit that.
    Quite usable as is I'll reduce this all down to tar and make RSO from it.
    BNW

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Ohh by the way wear gloves or be damned sure not to let the tincture contact skin in any large amounts. I squeezed out the first round bare handed without a ricer just cheese cloth and my bare hands and took one hell of a ride. So YES it can and will transdermal stone the fuck out of you through your skin.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. This happened to me the other day. :)
    I definitely wear gloves now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I decarb my weed by grinding it and placing it in thin layers on a cookie sheet on top of my fridge for four days at room tempatures it drys out then I do whatever with it. This works for me by PLANNING if I’m going to make a supply of butter/oil on Saturday I’m grinding and decarbing on Monday, that way I’m not rushing/ruining the decarb process by baking it at high tempatures in a oven/toaster oven.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 240*F for 40 minutes is money. I use a 20$ toaster oven and an oven thermometer to get the temp right on. Once you get the decarb down you'l be making all sorts of amazing edibles.

I leave the ganja chunky and remove as much lumber as I can. Then I wrap it in foil and pop a pin hole to release steam. The ganja is crisper making it easier to grind and process versus covering and sealing the container. Never notice a diffetence one way or the other as far as potency goes when sealing completely, leaving it open or popping a small hole to vent steam.

BrassNWooD, PsychodealicSam and BadKittySiles are the real pro's at this. PSam did lab testing for decarbing at his own cost to share it here free of charge. BrassNWooD has this crazy franken-beast of a DIY hash maker and badkitty has a ton of recipes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1

15. Theres lots of talk that thc degrades to cbn. But in some lab results I've seen its not always just cbn thats increased if bud is over decarbed and the cbn doesn't always increase a ton either. But maybe i don't fully understand the tests I've seen?

16. I'm not too sure if just leaving bud out at room temperature will do much other then get all the moisture out of your bud. But hey if your happy with how it works then thats great. I usually let my bud air dry for a day then seal it in a mason jar and decarb at 240 for 40-45 minutes. I've seen one lab test on this method from a memeber on here, psychedelicSam, and I forget the exact results but I believe there was only a very very small amount of thc-a left and lots of thc. He also did a test at 240 for an hour and I believe that test showed no thc-a and lots less thc but slightly higher cbd, cbg, cbn. But 240 for 40 minutes in an uncovered jar works great. And 240 for 40-45 minutes in a sealed jar works great too and also eliminates any smell till you open the jar. And it could possibly trap terps on the sides and lid of the jar?