What has your parents relationship taught you?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by jellefish, Feb 9, 2014.

:rolleyes: And how do you expect to find one that isn't thinking and saying things like that?

2. You danced with a 3 year old? Well shit...

3. #23 SassyMelassy, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014

I don't.

Also, took me a few tries to understand what you were trying to say.

4. Simple.......Treat women with respect!

5. That a woman's dark side SUCKS.

6. That parents can be very odd sometimes. My parents burned my qps,sent me to therapy,kicked me out of the house. But now that I live in Colorado an work for a dispensary that they want to be a part of the industry!
    My dad buys me a growbox and seeds. Loves talking bout it to me and want to move to Denver...huh life who knew.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Marriage seems like a miserable thing. That's all I'm sayin' :laughing:

8. Nothing. Father didnt want anything to do with me lol.

I am sorry but, I cannot tell how two people can spend that much of their life together and not want to just stab eachother in the heart everyday they wake up next to each other.

Right now, I highly doubt I ever marry someone. You gotta have some serious trust to make someone your wife. 

10. #30 aPersonUponaHill, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    @[member="SassyMelassy"]

Okay, so guess its time to start acquiring cats. I'm kidding, but you have to try and look to find what you want. Rather than just assume men are terrible, when it is just as easy to say about women. So if there are so many people who are undesirable to you, why dont you pursue the ones that are desirable that much more?

11. My parents been married for over 30 years. I can understand it being married that long and there is always somebody for everybody. Especially when your two $banking$ individuals. 

They taught me basically when you do find somebody that you can spend your days with make sure they are responsible and have a career of their own so she does not bother you 24/7.

12. Finish highschool and learn to lie like a politician 

13. Understandable.

My parents started very young, younger than you'd probably imagine. Some may think its odd but to me, its simply amazing.

If I could have half the love that they've shared over 40+ years, I'd be ecstatic.

14. Their relationship with you or the romantic relationship between them? 

If the former, they taught me essential lessons that will make me prosper in life, they taught me compassion, warmth, love, empathy, etc. If the latter, they taught me that you shouldn't let any minor argument destroy something that has much importance towards the both of you, that you should talk it out, cook food, or any activity to terminate the frustration. I'm not hopeless or have no luck with relationships, I just enjoy being a loner. 

Big pointer: Communication is essential. 

15. #35 Funk-D, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
    That true love is a myth. 

My dad told me that intelligence was just as important as strength, and that it is best to have both. He also taught me how to punch. And that if you have to fight, hit them first, hit them hard and don't stop till you know it's over. 
    My mom taught me how girls work. 

16. Urm, didn't you read my comment..... wtf, are you greened out??

I was 17 at the time, dancing with a 14-15 year old girl..... thats it

17. #37 SassyMelassy, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
    The question was not what I know about men and relationships.
    The question was what I learned from my parents' relationship.
    I have acquired understandings other than those derived from my parents' marriage. It is merely a contributing factor in my complete understanding.

Also, the hard thing about seeking a "different" type of person is that people lie, manipulate, and intentionally deceive, and the ones who are the best at it are the most convincing, the most difficult to detect. Nobody wants to think that the person they love is capable of such a narcissistic dismissal of their emotions. Denial is a helluva drug as well.

P.S. I hate cats.

18. dont do meth

LOL

Oh dont get me wrong dude. I envy that your parents have been able to pull it off while actually being happy and not just putting on a show for people.

[​IMG]