Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What has MJ done for you? (medically)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Knucks, Sep 3, 2003.

1. I found out I had fibromyalgia about seven years ago. I was determined not to let it ruin my life. I kept myself physically fit as far as not being a couch potatoe and tried to eat well. But there were some days that I just could not cope. Smoking has given me the relief I need to keepgoing. I have taken Hydrocodone and Flexiril, but neither works as well. I just wish I could grow my own and not have to go through the hassle of a friend of a friend...grrrrrr! And the waiting sometimes, you are at their mercy. You also never know quite what you are getting.

2. Well, they're not really medical but let's see.

Helps me sleep (not insomnia but I think too much about
    going to sleep and then I just can't)

Removes depressive ideas from my head before they get a chance to pop up. I've been depressed a few times and I hate it. I only smoke if I'm in a good mood.

I've gained 5 pounds since I started smoking heavily. I'm skinny.

Relaxes me.

Totally non-medical:

Sparks my creativity.

More easy going. I'm usually very shy.

Passes time (good for if I'm waiting for something).

The number one thing that it helps me in is relaxing for going to sleep. But that would never get me a grant from the government. It doesn't matter. Health Canada's weed is claimed to be gross.

3. for me it releaves stress and stops back and abdominal pains so im pretty good when im on it not in pain and all

4. Well, I'm on the antiviral therapy for HCV. I have prescription for Marinol, but you know when I start throwing up first thing in the morning, I don't want no stinking pill that may help in a hour if I can hold it down.... I reach for my pipe, fast.