Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What has marijuana done for you?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Lock420, Nov 17, 2012.

1. I started pretty young, 13 to be exact. Some of the best, and some of the worst experiences of my life are because of the herb. :smoking:

Started off like most kids, having to sneak around and get creative to get high.
    Then my parents started busting me. My mom has smoked bud since she was 18 and firmly believed I shouldn't have been using as an 8th grader. She wasnt really wrong but being 13 I didnt give a fuck, basically. I wasnt a jerk kid always arguing with parents though haha. they just grounded me and drug tested me all the time.

Never got into legal trouble until my senior year. I was smoking in the courtyard at school. Stupid, I know. But the only reason I got busted was because this kid snitched on me. He did so because he liked the chick I was dating at the time.
    Got slapped with:
    Possession of marijuana & possession of marijuana paraphernalia

One year later on 4/20 of all days got slapped with:

Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
    Possession of concealed deadly weapon
    Possession of underage tobacco.

All received before i turned 18, which is good in a way.
    I started selling because i was young and didnt have money for bud.
    I had brass knuckles in my pocket (the concealed deadly weapon) cause people got robbed all the time.
    And i did get robbed once too. Pistol whipped twice, once in the back of the head resulting in 7 (or 9 i dont remember) staples. And once in the cheek, fracturing my cheek bone & giving me a crazy black eye

& as for tobacco, i started smoking cigs when my parents busted me and started drug testing me. Going from several grams a day for free (cause i was dealing) to nothing at all, was hard. Thats when i picked up cigs.
    I believe my younger mindset was much more susceptible to a mental addiction to the herb.

But nowadays its a whole different story. Marijuana makes my insomnia tolerable. I can sleep sound thanks to maryjane.
    My ADHD is in check, with the herb I'm more motivated and focused. Despite the stereotype

I'm pretty sure I have ocd too. Not severely though. Like theres certain things that I have to do or it will bug me endlessly. If I havent smoked recently, for example, when I finish a drink and put the cup away I have to rinse it out three times. And I have to twist the cup every rinse. Oh and it's 4:20. thats a sign to end this post and smoke some more imo!

2. When I was a junior in high school I had depression. Like I was contemplating suicide and shit and thinking about how I was gonna do it.

Then one day a buddy of mine scored some bud. He asked if I wanted to try it and I was like "Sure, why not?" I had done research on it and knew it wasn't actually bad for you.

That first joint opened my eyes to a whole new experience. It was just what I needed. I got into smoking it on my own and never looked back. My depression eventually subsided and now I can't believe I even considered suicide.

So I guess, in a way, the herb may have saved my life. Pretty cool thing for just a plant.

3. Not so much what it has done but what it is doing.

It keeps the pressure in my eyes down so I don't go blind, helps relieve the pain caused by some of my heart meds and helps me sleep.

4. For me, it life without migraines! :yay:

Granny :wave:

5. many nights of potential boredom prevented and a few good relationships with people :)

6. I'm already a pretty happy person, it just makes me happier. Helps me sleep, and for a moment, I suffered from pretty bad depression, so it helped me with that too.

7. Helps me sleep, makes me forget/not feel my back pain, has somehow helped me lose weight, and it has made me a more social person.

8. Many positive things, new friends, a way to conquer the depression I suffered in high school. Legal-wise, I've been busted twice by police and got off with nothin both times.

Alcohol on the other hand has been nothing but trouble. 2 alcohol related arrests and many relationships damaged.

9. It helps me mostly psichologicaly. I have ADHD and have an obsessive attitude.
    It releives me and makes me think clearly. Sometimes :D

10. Besides helping me sleep and helping with depression, I'm way less likely to get angry while high. I'm more patient too. Oh yeah, I was on Prozac at one point and it only made me worse. I barely got out of bed and actually told my friend I wanted to kill myself. Prozac is some fucked up stuff.

11. before i started weed my grades were real bad, im not sure if it was weed or not but i started getting better grades when i did it, i was failing all my classes and everything, but now i get a's, b's, c's, also my mom says im much more calm and nice then i used to be, ( she doesnt know i do weed though).

12. New outlook on everything! It's really opened my closed mind and made me realize that 99% of my problems are petty. It's made me more comfortable in my own skin and really just allowed me to appreciate many things in life

13. I like to say it 'evens me out' - I think a lot of people can resonate with that.

I started smoking about a year ago now, in that year I feel like marijuana has affected me tremendously in positive ways:
    - My business has grown tremendously & helped me make more money than ever (I think due to better decision making under influence)
    - My happiness and general quality of life has gotten a ton better
    - I've gotten way more creative and confident as a person, definitely opened my eyes to a lot of things in the world and society.

14. Drained my bank account

15. Everything, it works every time!

16. Grats on your 420th post!

17. Ever since I've been smoking marijuana, it's opened me up to new creative levels of thinking and writing. Marijuana has helped me lose social anxiety around people and overall, I've never had a bad experience with it. :smoking:

18. Ive always been the nerdy guy, just kinda played video games and such, worked, but otherwise my life was fairly dull. Id drink and party a bit like everyone else, but not until I started smoking my senior year were my eyes opened up to something I truly loved, not true ive loved girls before, but thats faded after the breakups, weed is different. I always think, theres always so many thoughts in my head, I never knew what relaxation really was untill I tried herb. I go to college now and was arrested for possession several days ago, long story but it boils don to me being an idiot, now I just dont know anymore. Its not bad for you, and I'm not hurting anyone, but if the law can fuck up my life, i may have to give it up. And it sucks, I dont care much for drinking, only do it socially, and I'm not touching cigs or other drugs, so this is really my only vice if you count it as one. Weed has perhaps given me some of my best times, but also now some of my worst. Does anyone feel this way? Will it pass?