What has caused this?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Numbness2005, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Hey GC

Does anyone know what has caused this to happen, I thought maybe my leaves were pressing up against my cfl lamps but none of them actually touch the lamps upon further inspection. Could it be heat stress?

I'm pretty sure it isn't nute burn as I only use like 2ml to a litre of water which is half the recommended mix. I'm using biobizz grow at present haven't fed in 4 days

Any one have any ideas what this may be please, I'd be so pissed if she is sick...

Thanks guys.

Attached Files:

2. From what little i know it looks like light burn or heat burn.nothing to be too worried about from my experience but defiently fix it.being so far down on the plant makes me think more of an heat issue

3. I am not sure, but I'll bump it for ya. What's your ph looking like?

4. #4 Numbness2005, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hard to say what eph is a this moment as my meter broke but at last check ph was a little high 7.2
    It's been watered along with my biobizz grow with a ph of around 6
    Literally just got another ph testing kit today but need to wait
    I planned on repotting as I'm going to be putting her into flower soon, so will wait another day or two for the soil to be dry enough to repot and flush.
    I'll take a ph reading from the flush and then again from the run off at the next watering is this all correct?

Oh and forgive me I'm very new to forums what does BUMP mean lol sorry....

Thanks for your help, it's very much appreciate.

5. #5 Numbness2005, Aug 26, 2011
    Hey thanks man sorry I kinda missed your response. I'm kinda swaying towards heat burn... I've got temps as high as 89 some times! Just ordered an inline exhaust fan I'm hoping that will solve my problems...

I knew heat was going to be an issue until I could afford a decent fan but didnt know it could kill my leaves off.
    Just hope this fan does the job now lol

Thanks for the response dude.

6. Yeah, I'm thinking heat too.
    Bump means I posted something, so the thread is 'bumped' up to the top and it doesn't get lost with the older threads

7. #7 Numbness2005, Aug 26, 2011
    Ahh i see thanks dude! Well the sun and heat here in Britain is rapidly declining so ambient temp should be much better soon,
    I'll stand a much better chance of lowering the temp in my grow tent if the ambient temperature isnt so damn close to the temperature i currently have INSIDE my tent lol
    The ambient temp reaches as high as 80 some times which makes it much harder.

Hopefully the cooler weather and my new extractor fan will cure this.
    Thanks again buddy!

8. Yeah, I'm in seattle, the rainy (gloomy, grey) city, and my girls have been disliking the HEAT! Craziness.
    :smoking:

9. #9 Numbness2005, Aug 26, 2011
    Yeah I've heard this about Seattle.
    Doesn't it rain like all the time there... Sure does here in England.

10. even with her little problem shes a beuty,, gotta love how different they grow from eachother,,

hhhmmm,, ill go stare at my ladies for awile,,

11. Hey thanks man it's taken ages to get her any where decent enough to consider flower her off. She still isnt as big as I'd like but hoping once she has been repotted into something bigger shell start growing bigger again during flower...

Thanks for the interest man.
    Enjoy your lady gazing lol

12. Well, it does in fall winter and a bit of spring, but then we get fewer (but still a large amount of) rainy days in late spring and summer

13. well im not sure what this heat burn yall keep speaking of is, my 150w hps cooltube fan failed a week or so ago and ever since my lil steralite box had been 85-98 when lights are on and doors are shut....noones screaming yet and there all 7-10 in from light, not even any brown tips, all that being said, no thread jackery here im just buzzed and curious about your lights, you siad cfl? i had a bell pepper once that hit the lights for a few seconds and her leaves ended up like such, also maybe nute burn in the form of spillage while watering, like some spilled on the leaves and with the heat then burned? hell i dunno.

14. Oof. 98? I hit 90 and one of my girls straight died. There maaaay have been some other problems as well, bit it definitely contributed hahahaha

15. Heres you're problem..Coco fiber needs to be wattered every 8 hours or your ph will drift..with coco the best ph is 5.7, and at this stage you should be feeding around 1000 ppm.every time you water. Its not likely you're getting heat stress or burn from a cfl. I've had plants touch the lamps and it took a couple days to cause the tissue to go necrotic..and it only effected the area that was touching the light .the rest of the plant was fine. What i see is red spot and cupped leaves..this is a ph problem almost every time.

16. That's interesting you should say that because every now and then I get a little bit of splash from watering that hits the leaves and had wondered if that could possibly damage the leaves, but this seems to be in random places on the plant some towards the canopy which definitely isn't getting splashed so some thing is going on.

I repotted her today in a 20 liter bucket and Jesus this girl was root bound! She now has another 15 liters to root into I expect she will be getting a little bigger then the 20 inches she currently stands at. I have an in line fan arriving on Tuesday so hopefully that'll cure the heat issues and we'll see if she gets better.

17. #17 Numbness2005, Aug 26, 2011
    Hey dude thanks but this is a soil grow and I think the red you were seeing was the light from my LEDs.
    Don't get me wrong any advice is greatly appreciated and you may well be right with the ph issue...

Would you be kind enough to take a look at this new picture without the LEDs and tell me if you still think that ph is still the problem please. Also took a ph reading from the run off after flushing today got a reading of around ph 7 but I made my water up to 5.8. Not sure if that is normal....

Attached Files:

18. It looks like you just splashed some nute water on to the leaves when you were watering. Everything should be fine.

19. Not sure on the Nute water splash to be honest as there is burn up towards the canopy of the plant and I can't see that I have splashed there too.. But could be wrong..

20. Repotted and ph levels sorted! Loom how much better she looks first one is before second pic is after....

Attached Files: