what happens when you die?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bryannn, Feb 20, 2011.

1. I've really been thinking about this lately. I've grown up believing in god, coming from a christian family but the more I think about it, the more I doubt the existence of god. say you die a tragic death. you know, your whole family is in shock, cuz you died man. now if there is a heaven, you're not gonna just leave earth where your family and friends are in awe, to go have a perfect happy afterlife in heaven. maybe that's what they mean when they say your soul has to be at peace to make it to heaven. but what is it like on that time that your soul isn't at peace? is that when you're a spirit and you can just roam the earth or something? I guess were all gonna find out one day when we die, but in the meantime, I'm always gonna wonder what happens.

2. ill let you know.

3. Its likely that when we die we still wont no the answer, we may not even care anyway.

4. I was raised Greek orthodox, and they believe that your soul remains in pergatory for 40 days before you go to heaven or hell. I am an atheist now so...

5. I hate purgatory highs. The kind where you're sorta just chilling in limbo and haven't yet crossed the threshold? Yeah.

6. hopefully you get infinite rep. and for me id like to be reincarnated as axl rose.

7. Im sure axl rose will be pleased to come back as you :)

8. axl would be out of the picture.... hed be a goat or an attorney or a cheescake, who knows.

I'd be axl. thats the idea.