What Happens When you die?

Discussion in 'General' started by VariationTokes, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Yes I know another one of these threads.

recently ive been thinking to my self "When I die thats it this is my one chance" which is true. I am an atheist and dont believe there is any god, devil, heaven, or hell. but I hope that there is something at the end of life for me to continue. Who knows there might be a heaven but we cannot be certain right now. I am hoping to be cryogenically frozen when I die so I can come back to life in the future (e.g. 3000, or something) so until then I probably wont know but what are your guys opinions? I think it will be cool it in the year 3000 we can just die when ever we want and come back to life whenever we want or something like that I know its not gonna happen but I think it will be cool then we can know for ourselfs. but I do believe with enough time we will be able to revive the dead.

2. I'm athiest as well and I'm pretty sure when u die ur just dead. Ur trip is over. U either did great or not no more do overs. Bummer I even say but it's the only option that has reason n my head at least

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Death is merely the beginning of a new end. And as we all say, Life goes on...

• Like Like x 2
  4. What happens when an animal or a plant dies ? The dead plant , animal is usually observed by Mother Nature and create used to feed the Mother Nature. I strongly believe it is fully identical with humans. When we die , all ends.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nobody knows because there's no way to prove if we are just dead and that's it nor can we prove that some part of us continues on. And to say that we can prove it is highly arrogant and ignorant.

6. Nothing. I think it's selfish to think we have this awesome chance of living this life, only to expect something more once we die.

7. Well if you have had an out of body experience, close to death and "saw the light", you might not be so cynical. It happened to me twice. The first was when someone hit me head on at 60 mph. Then second was when my heart couldn't get started againt after quad bypass. Up until the first time I use to think it was all bullshit. Well after the first time I did not laugh at it anymore. Now I can hear it now, "What you experienced was, neuron misfiring or the chemicals in your brain were causing it". Maybe so but how the hell can you be talking to your dead uncle of twenty years ago about staying for a football game? The life/death continuum is something that is to be respected not scoffed at.

• Like Like x 1
  8. What the fuck this is like the third thread made about this in the last month or so..use the fucking search function

9. God (figure of speech), I hope this particular consciousness doesn't go on forever. I'll get what I can from it and then happily let it go when it becomes too tired. The organic matter will get recycled and that's good enough for me.

10. Only way life goes on you have to have a child. Cause when you die it over.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

11. Look into "Astral Projection". I came across it about 7 to 8 months ago and it has changed my life.

Draw your own conclusions. Threads like this are pointless IMO. As we all have our different views and thoughts on this subject. But it dose strike up conversation.

If anyone is into "Astral Projection" feel free to PM me. I am always looking for like minded people to talk about it with.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

12. Intestine video. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Been doing it for 11 years.

14. Really!!!!

That is awesome. I have only had two partial separations and they were pretty amazing.

They didn't last long as they were jarring and fear came in to the equation.

The whole process definetly changes the way you look at the current physical reality we live day to day in.

15. I used to meditate heavily to induce them... I stopped my routine a couple years ago....
    but now I initiate it all from normal dreams. If im not drunk I tend to have vivid dreams every night that turn into projections. They have phone apps now that chime in throughout the day to remind you to do reality checks. They do help. Half the trouble of projecting is being aware... the other half is remaining passively focused and calm. Let it flow, dont let thoughts pile up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dude if it helps out at all, modest mouse wrote a great song about this. No matter how we die, or where whatever consciousness we have goes, in the end we either end up food for plants or we end up food for other animals.

Somehow, someway, something's going to steal our carbon.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Interesting!

I used to believe lucid dreaming was a myth until I learned how to do it (my access to it sucks at the moment because I didn't keep at it). I'll give this a try too! I completely accept your claim that it has changed your life! What do I have to lose? If I got to the point where I could visit places completely unfamiliar to me and note (and later confirm) details it would definitely rock my world! If I can't get there -- nothing lost. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like Like x 1