What happens when there's no Government to defend us against criminals?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kylesa, Oct 31, 2010.

1. urban areas are typically more liberal, and with that many people living next to each other.....

shit the traffic alone is enough to make me homicidal. and if i actually have to listen to what the majority of them say.......

2. Venturing a guess here but I'd imagine it has to do with the poverty in those areas and the general line of thought that the liberals are for the little guy. If you (not you specifically) lived in a house valued about the same as a used car (not that you could sell it if you wanted to) with crime and vacant property all around you I imagine you'd want to vote for the party that is pushing healthcare, stimulus, etc...

These areas are often populated by a large amount of minorities and youth which as a general rule vote democrat. I would venture a guess here as well that the reasoning is much the same as above.

3. Liberals depend on the shit-holes for votes. Pander and gerrymander keeps them in power. Maybe someday people will learn. lol

4. We Need Private Courts and Juries

copypaste.

"My view has always been that what really holds a society together is not the body of law enacted by a legislature or handed down by a king, but peer pressure, social opprobrium, and moral approbation."

"In my ideal system, courts, judges, and even jurors would compete with each other to offer their services. They'd promote their proven records of intelligence, fairness, speed, and low cost"

"I'd say that they must have had no exposure to the current legal system, which is anything but impartial and has very little to do with justice. If you separate justice and state, for one thing, it eliminates the ability of the state to prosecute phony, made up crimes, especially so-called crimes with no victims. If the state can't be party to a case, then there needs to be an actual victim to press charges. That right there would eliminate all the stupid, counterproductive wasted resources and trashed lives that result from the U.S.'s various wars against victimless crimes. No one could be prosecuted for having unorthodox sexual preferences, using unpopular drugs, drinking on Sunday, or smoking in a bar for smokers. Or for evading taxes."

Thomas Jefferson: "I consider trial by jury as the only anchor yet imagined by man, by which a government can be held to the principles of its constitution."
    John Adams: "It is not only the juror's right, but his duty to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgment and conscience, though in direct opposition to the instruction of the court."

5. The areas that guns are outlawed?