What happens to a photoperiod plant when i grow it early.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 6700, Feb 18, 2013.

1. i have been growing a plant by the window for a few weeks now. will it be way off the light cycle if i continue growing it with the sun? what will that do to it? will it just veg for a much longer time then flower normally?

2. Until you change the photoperiod to 12/12 the plant will remain in a vegetative state..

Depending on where you live, by the window could trigger flowering, or not, just depends.

Here in florida, if i stick a plant outside right now it will start blooming...

3. i am from maryland. due to blockage from the porch in the evening it gets about 6 hours of light per day. this lack of light hasn't had any negative effects yet though, it looks good and is growing

i will have to research about photoperiod, thanks.

4. A few weeks is generally not enough time for a photo to start budding but with only 6 hours of light a day as soon as it hits maturity it will bud.

5. [quote name='"ridge"racer']Until you change the photoperiod to 12/12 the plant will remain in a vegetative state..[/quote]

wrong, stick to indoor growing if youre gonna act like a big shot :p
    most plants (any that arent sativa-heavy) will start to flower around 9 - 10 1/2 hours of darkness. if 12/12 was the number, plants would start flowering around september 22nd rather than july/august.

most windowsills in most places are too dark to grow good bud, especially if youre growing in the northern hemisphere right now. a south-facing balcony or garden spot and the right time of year would be much better. also if you use the room your plant is in at night, its highly likely that the lights will either keep the plant from flowering entirely, or make it hermy.
    overall windowsills are usually bad places to grow.

6. wrong, stick to indoor growing if youre gonna act like a big shot :p[/QUOTE]

Boom! Lol

7. Everyone will see the plant growing in your windowsill and you will go to jail for cultivation

Also i agree that it will start budding as soon as it can under the current conditions

8. #8 "ridge"racer, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013

You are telling this to a grower who starts with 10/14, decreasing by 30min to 9/15 until the third week where it remains till harvest.

You really dont think and should spend less time trying to be a better grower than me... Its not flattering on you..

12/12 is sound advice for any newb.. Again, stay out of polite, intelligible discussion, Ill mop the floor with you in any debate, youve shown me this, not me.... I run outdoor light cycles observing circadian rhythm, I doubt you even know what that is without google..

Now, carry on.. OR have a seat...

9. Dude get a grip! You only started growing 5-6 years ago and now you're the best ever? Get a life, most of the growers you're arguing with have pulled more weight in one harvest than I bet you've ever grown. Man I can't wait for the ban hammer just like on RIU, lol

10. Ignore for you now friend, Ive shown no disrespect here. good day.

11. Yes ignore the truth, the "light" must be shining in your eyes. :0 Oh and please don't call me friend.

12. You called me out, I answered and thats your rebuttal.... whos the troll....

Im reporting you at this point, youve contributed nothing and seek only to challenge me....

Pony up or leave..

13. Stumpie lost this one, admit defeat and walk away stumpie haha get it? Walk away..

14. [quote name='"ridge"racer']You are telling this to a grower who starts with 10/14, decreasing by 30min to 9/15 until the third week where it remains till harvest.

You really dont think and should spend less time trying to be a better grower than me... Its not flattering on you..

12/12 is sound advice for any newb.. Again, stay out of polite, intelligible discussion, Ill mop the floor with you in any debate, youve shown me this, not me.... I run outdoor light cycles observing circadian rhythm, I doubt you even know what that is without google..

Now, carry on.. OR have a seat...[/quote]

dont lie.
    I specifically remember you writing that you veg at 12/12 +1.

being unable to admit mistakes does not indicate greatness.
    throwing out big words that are barely if at all related to the topic does not hide such rudimentary mistakes as failing to understand basic light cycles.
    repeatedly claiming to be infallible and emphasizing that anyone who disagrees is shit does not prove your points.

I hope these mods wake up fast and ban that guy, cuz hes really fucking up this forum (section)

15. lol...

that was veg.. 12on 5off 1on 5off

I bloom day1 10hrs on 14off

Each week until week 3 I decrease by 30 min until I reach 9hr on, 15off.. (I dont know about yield, but Ive seen a weird difference in the health of the plant)

I was actually trying to compare this to a thread you started, and Im not sure If I understood the premise you were advocating, but I believe this to be close to outdoors, and you are an outdoor grower no?