What happens next?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by colorado4, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Alright I searched for this on gc and looked in the other threads couldn't find a one so I figured I'd make a thread.

What happens next? Everyone is speculating that you'll be able to just walk into a cannabis store and buy an oz, but will the government allow it? We all know how they've been with mmj. Why would they be different with LEGAL weed?

I think there will be some major lawsuits that put the whole process on hold. The DEA is going to fight for this like their jobs depends on it :D. But it'll be hard for the DEA to argue in court, with two states legalizing it. It's obvious what the people what, with the scientific evidence on our side I feel we have a strong case.

But I want to hear gc's opinion.

2. Obama has already proven to us that he is unsupportive of MJ or even MMJ. I am willing to bet his administration steps in...

I voted Gary Johnson for real change, but mostly on the hope his party would get the 5% needed to destabilize the 2 party system.

3. Well, first of all, the Governor of Colorado will contact the Department of Justice and get the current administration's stance on the issue.

Depending on the feds' answer, we could potentially end up in the Supreme Court on a debate about states' rights. However, all Colorado authorities currently stand behind the Amendment passed by our voters, and have said they will do whatever they can to make sure will of the voters is respected.

tl;dr - No one knows, it's uncharted territory.

4. We'll see, he's on his second term not like he's worried about re-election. 2 states legalize it the same day as his election. Maybe it's part of his plan lol. Choom gang!

5. Shit is bout to get 'cray that is what happens.

BUT in the meantime, sometime around dec 6 that law should go into effect.
    Read 64, its not that long and only a little painful.... but hugely important for you.
    You can give/posses up to an ounce, or keep 6 plants (3 flowering) and the harvest they produce.
    So stores will likely be a while.
    My guess is the first round of store openings gets fucked with and limited by the DEA while court battles go on.

Those court battles will be hugely important as far as what ends up happening in your state, and likely all others.

While those battles go on the DEA will fuck with 1 or 2 prominent individuals very very hard, and will try and raid shops as they open.

Drug dealing will continue during this and probably some delivery services that last a while. State cops will not bust you for weed and DEA will not be looking for you. Probably will no be able to walk down the street, or light up at a bar... but you should more or less have no worries as far as possession and responsible discreet usage. Supply and quality would likely go up slightly while prices will likely slightly lower

/no one actually knows, but my guess is above :p

6. Me? Buying a ticket to the first annual Cannabis cup in Seattle and driving there to see what I'll be growing legally next!
    Colorado, Washington, and new MMJ states all supported Obama's reelection. I hope he will finally return the favor. If not, California and Oregon will join in the next vote with better legalization bill. Obama also could reschedule the drug for recreational use for the whole country. "It's the right thing to do." He (Obama) always says that!

7. This is actually what I'm speculating. I'm sure there'll be a supreme court hearing over this in the near future.

8. this is what i was speculating

but my fear is that they will focus on a higher number.

like 420 individuals in a single trial, just to rub it in our faces.