Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What happens if you get caught with a scale?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mrmarijuana, Sep 16, 2010.

1. What would happen if you get caught with a scale in California? My friend told me that if you get caught with a scale then your fucked, but if so why would they even be sold??

2. Because people usually get caught with weed AND their scale. If you got both of those and a good amount of cash then your REALLY fucked.

3. If you get caught with a scale, you are fucked. An automatic felony, intent to distribute. They sell scales because people do use them for things other than weighing out illegal drugs.

4. Well more often than not after plenty of use a scale is gonna have some weed leftovers on it haha So maybe they can get ya for that and have some sort of probable cause to search or somethin?

5. I want to get a scale because when i buy i don't want to get ripped off since i just started smoking about 2 or 3 months ago.

6. Just make sure not to have any weed crumbs on it. Keep it clean. Always. Try not to have the scale and the weed on you at the same time. Although that might be hard cuz thats what your using it for.

7. I'd just keep that shit clean because I borrowed one from a friend and it made one of my car compartments reek lol As long as you don't get caught with the scale AND weed there shouldn't be a case of intent to distribute.

8. I've gotten caught with a scale and weed at the same time, I live in a state where it's not medicinalized. All I got for the charge was house arrest and probation. Wasn't even a felony. It depends on the amount of weed you get caught with. They just gave me a paraphernalia charge for the scale.

9. Well if getting ripped off is your main concern for getting a scale then you could just keep the scale somewhere safe like at home and not on you. That way you can weigh it somewhere safe and nobody hassles you :D

10. good luck going to your dealer the next day saying hey you shortened me. trust me i weighed it when i got back.

Most will say your SOL

11. I bought a scale at a local cigarette shop and it only cost me $12. I looked for certified weights, but couldn't find them around here. I looked up the weight of different coins and checked my scale against the newest coins I had.

The info I found was:

PENNY = 2.500grams

NICKEL = 5.000grams

DIME = 2.268grams

QUARTER = 5.670grams

I weighed ten of each, averaged it out, and was within 0.02grams. I think most scales are accurate when sold. The biggest difference is the ability to hold calibration. You can calibrate them occasionally and I don't see any reason to buy an expensive one. That being said, if you are a health concious individual and use a kitchen scale to measure out portions, you can slide. ONLY if there is no residue on it. In Cali anyhow as far as I know.

12. if you get caught with a scale, you are fine, now if you get caught with a scale that has weed all over it, a if you have weed in the car.. thats a different story. automatic intent to distribute, even if you got .01g on you.

13. basically if you have a scale you should have weed too.

i wouldnt ever carry just a scale, thats just silly lol.

but here in colorado its just considered paraphernalia and you get a fine and it gets stolen.

14. just be chill and be smart. i've been pulled over with weed and a scale and a bong and a ton of cash in the car and i was fine because i'm smart about stuff like that. the bong was hidden well away, and i clean it regularly so it doesn't smell. the scale was with it (also cleaned). the weed was in a secret pocket in my seat cover. and the cash was a little more out in the open, but i had a bank deposit slip thingy with it just in case they see it and ask. but anyways, yeah just be smart and you'll be fine

15. nope its only intent to sell if its over 28.5 grams.(alone or with a scale) well atleast in CA. if its under 28.5 and you have a scale you can claim its for personal use..."i just bring it with me so i dont get ripped off" is all you gotta say. they might now youre bullshitting but they cant prove you wrong

a lot of people i know got off the intent charge by saying that

16. if you have weed and a scale your fucked