Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What happens if you get busted without your card?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Trippin420, Dec 6, 2007.

1. last nite i got busted and lost my sak to a dick cop. i hav a medical perscription but it wasnt on me at the time, and i received a "traffic" violation because i was in the car at the time. I was completely sober and did not receive any sort of dui, i had no write up a real traffic violation other than possession of marijuana. my question is, if i take the ticket and the perscription to court, what is the likeliness of getting the case thrown out or at the very least changing the severity of the punishment so it wont affect my driving insurance

2. What state are you in? In Cali, you should be able to get it dropped if you can produce a valid recommendation.

3. The card is basically useless its all show really, In order to be released without a citation you must present your prescription, it must be up to date and valid. And of course it depends where and by who you are stopped some cops can be cool about it and others are complete assholes if you are legit or not, but once you get to court you need proper documentation and the case will be dismissed, However I doubt you will ever get the confiscated marijuana back, but at least you dont have to go to jail or pay fines and so on.

So for next time to be safe just make a copy of your prescription and keep it in your glove box just like your regristration and insurance!!!!! But do not get caught under the influence while operating a vehicle because this voids the regulations of your permit and you can be charged with posession and DUI.

4. I was pulled over a few days ago and my car smelled strongly of dank so it got searched. I have my medical card, and they said if they found anything I was still going to jail. Some cops respect the medical card, and some don't care about it. Don't be fooled that you can carry around pot without worrying just because you have your card.

5. The California court system upholds prop 215. The California authorities have no RIGHT to confiscate your medicine if you aren't breaking the law with it. The vehicle code is written so tight it isn't advised to keep your stash in there for very long. And don't blaze in your car, that is a good reason to get popped and hastled.

6. Safest way to go is keep your shit in the trunk, fully sealed.

7. alot people coming from clubs usually put there meds in there trunk this is the best way to do it like he said