What happens if you do use a reg. light bulb to grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by node, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #21 hodji killer, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    What strain is that? Little bud?

2. hahaha Seriously man. I'm a newbie. First time grower and my plant looks a million times better than your "tree"

The strain seems to be called "HellacheaponCFLbulbs"

3. You'll get a better high if you hold your breath for ten mins! 

4. hey would i be able to use a 300W T3 Halogen Quartz 119mm 2Pk light bulb

5. Reg bulbs will NOT work

6. Halogen will not either. Cfls hps metal halide and led.

7. 16 and doing it in moms house. Never gonna make it to harvest buddy

8. Hey kid, if your going to break the legal anyways, then just steal one. Not from a neighbor or anything, but like a Chinese food restaurant bathroom or something. Unless your amish Mennonite and the reason you can't goto walmart and buy a 3 dollar bulb is you don't want to alienate your commune and bring back a fancy swirly bulb that is of the devil.

• Like Like x 1
  9. [quote name='"node"']mate im 16 growing in my attic. im doing it pritty shady so i dnt wana get a big electricity bill so i cant afford more powerful lights

you agreed that you were above the age of 18 when you registered here.[/quote]

Mate, sorry but you cant be 16 and posting on gc. Its an 18 and up crowd.

10. LOL....that post was 3 years old. :cool:

Chunk

11. #31 Doc-J, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    [quote name='"Chunk"']

LOL....that post was 3 years old. :cool:

Chunk[/quote]

lol figures, bumping three year old newb threads

If the mods ever get that flux capacitor out of the shop, his ass is banned lol

12. [quote name='"regulargrow"']U guys are F_ing retarted really u dont know shit if u say u cant grow with a regular light i grew my 5 foot tree and flowerd in 4 months with two desk lamps and two 100w light bulbs.[/quote]

He might be on to something. Lets see no need for a carbon scrubber, no expensive lights, from the looks of it no nutes. And no need to hide it because it looks like a ficus benjamina.

13. I'm betting his ass was banned...For two years. Now that he is 18, he is unbanned. ;)

As for the original question, technically sure...You can grow with a "regular" bulb (incandescent). It won't be worth it and an almost complete waste, but yes it will grow, into a spindly plant that gives you virtually nothing for months of time and effort. :wave:

14. Page 1. Wtf this thread is 3 years old.

Page 2. This thread should probably be closed.

Page 3. Lol some of the funniest posts ever read.

This really is a good thread, this question gets asked a lot, and there is an example of what to expect from a regular light bulb grow. No offense to the guy who posted that pic. 4 month flowering time...ouch.

15. I'm pretty sure if you grow one you can whittle excellent flutes out of the stems.

16. Wow, this thread just makes me realize how much of a noob i used to be, GC has learned me good :rolleyes:

17. 4 MONTHS TO FLOWER?!? that's longer than a CFL cycle for sure, how much more expensive to?

Your foolish my friend

18. I was thinkin' "bud light incandescent":p

19. Yeah, some good ones in here.... but since I love the ridiculous, I think I'll start a thread called "My flashlight grow"
    And I read somewhere on here, can't remember who posted it about containers, "hell, I've even seen weed grow in a pill bottle".
    Yeah, that's it. I'm gonna set up a DWC pill bottle grow under an LED flashlight.
    Taking all bets I can grow a lollipop. The winner gets to smoke it.

But what I don't know is, what kind of pill bottle should I use?????

20. [quote name='"Olde School"']

Yeah, some good ones in here.... but since I love the ridiculous, I think I'll start a thread called "My flashlight grow"
    And I read somewhere on here, can't remember who posted it about containers, "hell, I've even seen weed grow in a pill bottle".
    Yeah, that's it. I'm gonna set up a DWC pill bottle grow under an LED flashlight.
    Taking all bets I can grow a lollipop. The winner gets to smoke it.

But what I don't know is, what kind of pill bottle should I use?????[/quote]

Man, I think I got it. Get some led flashlights and take them apart. Put evrrything on a breadboard. Then just get rechargeable batteries and keep a spare pair on the charger.

Im pretty sure you would have the first battery operated, led flaslight,dwc, pill bottle grow ever. And everything is low energy of recycleable. It would be a green grow of green bud. You may even win a prius or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.