Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what happens if I don't burp the jar?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by x8rUn0x, Aug 11, 2012.

1. I just came back from a week long vacation and had my buds stashed in a mason jar, does anything negative(or positive?) occur if the jar isn't burped, it had a real strong pungent weed smell when I opened it today because it's been trapped in there all week?

I guess this was also a nice little one week T-break :smoking::bongin::hide::hippie::D

sorry those smilies are addicting.

2. Well it could cause mold depending on what the humidity in the jars where when you left. If you just harvested I would check them for sure, but if they have been sitting in there for awhile you should be fine. I store my bud is a cool dark place, light degrades thc, so don't want any of that.

3. long after harvest I assume. I bought them. But they were in a cool dark place, I'm assuming they're fine

4. why is there a picture of a shit beside the name of the thread, it sais "bio", lol?

5. [quote name='"KushNMusic"']why is there a picture of a shit beside the name of the thread, it sais "bio", lol?[/quote]

Lol I don't know. I picked a random icon hahah I was pretty baked

6. Same storage as me then. My jar top is still popped, but I think it's fine. My bud is a month or 2 old(since I've had it). I got it in the jar in a shoe box under my bed. It seems to smoke great. Smells amazing when I open the jar!

7. I think it'll be fine. I've kept bud for two months without always "burping" it. The only issue I've experienced is it drying out a little bit.

8. Burping is only really important after harvest when there is still a lot of moisture in the buds.

9. A week should be fine, but inspect your bud before you smoke it just in case. :smoking:

10. nice quiver

11. mold is more than likely the result from not burping..

ya don't wanna be tokin' mold

12. woah, i have an oz in a mason jar that i haven't touched in a month. can someone explain to me what burping the jar is and why i should do it?

13. Burping is when you simply open the container that the bud is in after a period of time.
    You do it to let the gas buildup out

just like burping a baby

burp.