What happens after death?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Mrleathaface, Feb 3, 2013.

1. #1 Mrleathaface, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013
    Got any Ideas?

2. Reincarnation

3. You will enter a room with a nice comfy chair and a huge tv. There will be unlimited snacks, drinks, and food. The tv will be playing an unrated, uncut, extended version of your life and you can control what you see. Categories like Best Days Ever, Things you forgot, Worst Days, Nights of Partying, Sex scenes, Embarassing moments, etc..

You will see all of this with no emotions but seeing the good out of the whole thing. Then you will fall asleep (Die Peacefully)

4. A Zen disciple asked his Master "What happens when you die?"

"I don't know" replied the Master

"But you're a Zen Master!"

"Yeah but not a dead one."

5. Your atoms become something different because atoms never die and it's the only thing that makes up matter. Your body will cease to exist, what made your body up will not. Scientific reincarnation.

The better question is what happens to your awareness, thought, or spirit when you die. Our physical forms will just turn into new things forever.

6. You ready for the truth?

No one knows.

7. Ecclesiastes 9:5-6

5 For the living know that they will die,
    but the dead know nothing;
    they have no further reward,
    and even the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Their love, their hate
    and their jealousy have long since vanished;
    never again will they have a part
    in anything that happens under the sun.

When you die so do your thoughts, it is like a dreamless sleep, you are aware of nothing. Oblivion.

8. #8 esseff, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
    Just because your thoughts may be gone, does not imply you are no longer aware.

Even saying you are aware of nothing makes no sense. Awareness reveals existence. To be aware of nothing is the same as not existing. Awareness cannot NOT exist, therefore death cannot be oblivion.

9. Idk but one day you and me will find out that's for sure

10. Chemicals release in your brain causing visual effects and then everything turns black and you stop feeling and you cease to exist and your corpse rots in the dirt.

That's what I'd say if I was a negative nancy, anyways.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised :3 but I'm prepared for the above outcome.

11. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

12. Who cares, just live in the moment, that's all you have.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JzcCviNDk]Sam Harris - It Is Always Now - YouTube[/ame]

13. How come people seal their bodies off the Earth when they die? That is a greater mystery.

14. The question is what happens to the consciousness when we die, because our physical self dies out, but no one knows what happens to our conscious self. Nobody will ever know, this is a question nobody will be able to ever answer.

15. Death is a crazy thing goddamn, there's not a day where I go without thinking about it. The only thing you can do is accept it and just live ya feel me.

16. i think we enter a deep, subconscious/unconscious trance state that exists for "eternity" (even though this passage of time technically wouldn't even "exist").

17. yes but how can you prove that awareness does not wither out.

if you made a computer that was aware, and then slowly turn the power down until it went out. Is that computer still aware?

18. I cant tell you what happens, but every now and then you get those "cosmic winks"
    if youve had that then you know what im talkin about.
    And that sort of tells me to just keep going until I hit the finish line. Whatever is after that I dunno.

19. Consciousness is created by electrical impulses in the brain. When the brain stops making those impulses, consciousness goes "poof." Dead is dead.