What happens after death?

Discussion in 'General' started by Blazed2009, May 28, 2012.

1. What happens?

2. You move on to the next life.

3. before answering that question you must first ask, what is it to die? its when your body stops working. when your brain shuts off. your body returns to the soil from whence it came. the person you were will never exist again. the things that made you, on the other hand, live forever. and what makes a human? some say that there is a part of every human that is intangible. a part that cant be touched. if that part is anything like the physical part of us, it will be spread back into the universe to take on new forms.

4. [​IMG]

One long, lame party

5. die and find out for all of us.

6. U shit ur pants lolololo

7. ur body deteriorates =|

8. you spend the rest of eternity in an overly priced box 6ft under the ground..

9. I'd like to believe your life force is returned to the cosmos as fuel for the machine of eternity; your corporeal form nourishes the earth and your spirit enriches others through memories shared.

10. #11 pearl75, May 28, 2012
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
    The body is just a shell. When you die, people put it in a box in a hole in the ground. There, it rots. But the energy that gives us life goes out. To where, we do not know. I'm still a little confused about our energy, though. Is there just one energy force that splits and creates multiple individuals, or do we all have our own energy life force? There are lots of theories. I'd like to think we are all one, and therefore come from the same life energy. And when you put it in that context, and really think about it, it can make you think twice about how you treat your fellow man, even the people you don't like. If we are all one, and you treat someone else badly, then you are treating yourself badly as well. What's that saying? "Do unto others..."

11. What happened before you were born?

Same thing.

12. You become a tree, or perhaps a rabbit. Id like to be a bird

13. :le total irrelevant tangent, my bad:

its gonna be so cool if you like do become a mod man....:le grin:

14. i couldn't have said it better myself. beautiful.

15. Thanks buddy, its my life goal :D

16. How I wish I knew how to answer that for you...how's this, what would you like to hear?

The positive part of me says you go back to the sea of souls/collective...

The negative greatly overpowers this though and say NOTHING HAPPENS.

17. memory is a function of the brain, so I would say there is no memory in the afterlife.

18. lol this.

I said this ealier, but I hope when you die, you get to see everything about life, how it all started and all the questions you always wondered about life in general would be revealed to you.

19. certainly not in the way we normally think of it. although i find it interesting that alot of people over the years have claimed to have past memories not from their own lives. some of them have described in great detail things that they had no way of knowing. for instance, a completely uneducated woman after undergoing LSD therapy accurately described the reproductive organs of prehistoric lizards, speaking from the point of a lizard. the doctor called a paleozoologist (i think thats what its called) afterwards and he confirmed that every detail that the woman said was true.

perhaps memories arent just of the brain. perhaps a memory can occupy anything and be passed down through time and space, or else how would that woman recall being a lizard? there are many other true stories just like this one. for further reading, i highly reccomend The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot.