What happened to the American progressive movement?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Though I despised all the oppression of speech and obsession over skincolor, I'm sad to see that what could be called the social democratic movement of the US seems to have lost it's steam.

You're still out there, what's the mood? Should there not be a focus on regrouping and preparing a better strategy and front-candidate to push with? Is it out there, am I just missing it?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Are you a Russian bot? That's the only explanation...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Dammit his motto shows he’s Norwegian man!

lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Talk about a troll thread, we're in the middle of a civil war for fucks sake.

5. That's how those Russian spies hide their cover.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Where have all the flowers gone?
    Long time passing
    Where have all the flowers gone?
    Long time ago…

7. so what are the anti-red trolls wanting to bash on about? a messed up election process? early 'winners', sore losers? why a country boasting a $21 trillion GDP takes days and weeks after the polls close to declare a winner? American Idol can tabulate 60 million votes on a commercial break! it's ludicrous what is occurring and one helluva an embarrassment for the outside world to witness. the bar is low indeed imo.

my state voted red 2 to 1, and as far as i am told all the red caps are just minding their business. idk about the rest of the world. i've been spending most of my time lately enjoying the outdoors and beautiful weather. the campaign is O-V-E-R. it's time to move forward imo.

hand counting mailed ballots is about the dumbest representation of how to screw up an election as any i've heard of. it's so, so, faulty.

so, sling your caca, throw your bricks, talk some smack... whatcha got? i'm here for a minute. i've certainly given up any chance bobulinski's allegations will be investigated so i'm due to exit this place any day now. i'm sitting on the plank of the dunk tank.

give it your best shot you buncha Sally's. phhhhhhhht. assuming you know who yo momas are i'm betting she wore army boots and garters. ya buncha :poop: birdsl bring it! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Welcome back from your brief hiatus Possum, I was getting a bit worried about you!

You’re right though, Americans can pick presidents for other countries quicker than their own! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. i myself am ready to throw some bricks. there is so much wrong with our electoral process that i cant even begin to defend it. i watched a couple of really bad Kris Kristofferson movies the past couple of days - really, really bad movies - and i swear following the plot of those movies was easier that trying to figure out the story line of wth is occurring here in the US. this "script" that's unfolding here is so poorly written i simply cant make any sense out of it and quite frankly i've moved on.

i dont know a lot about anything really but i think i do know this; if a story doesn't make sense then it's not true! the stuff that's going on right now is simply reality drama. it's a clown show imo.

whoever "wins" will have my "support". if i ever hear one more war hawk stand on the bully pulpit and insinuate that america is gonna blow some poor country up in the name of "democracy" so the people can vote i will move back to AK and become a bushman and fall off the grid.

it's really embarrassing as a citizen of this country to be a part of this sordid story. hrmmmmph!

10. Either way it's the CIA.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Oh the crazies are still out there, it just isn't hitting the headlines because the media wants attention on the election.

Honestly though, I think Biden has been as strongly against the social democrats as anybody, he has been pretty damn vocal about it, which is one positive thing I can say about his position.

12. Well we disagree on it being good or bad, but we agree on that being the situation. It's part of my worry - they were so opposed to Biden and the establishment, and now they've all kinda fallen in line behind him.

I know you're satisfied, but it bodes poorly for the coming four years. For the progressives, I think it would have been better if the democrats had lost

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Most progressives would agree. btw we are alive and well... Men may come and men may go but we go on forever... We are not the body anyway, it is simply a temporary vehicle for terrestrial communication and transportation to be discarded at any moment, but i digress... Status quo Dems already blaming the left for the close race when without full indorsement and campaigning by Sanders, Trump would have likely won... Without his blessing and stumping for HRC she would have not won the popular vote 2016... i can't speak for the others as i don't mingle in their social groups or here in the hood...

The debate among the left is whither or not a 3rd party with a truly charismatic populist can take the next election or if the left can apply enough pressure on the do nothing neolibs to listen to the will and needs of the people or continue being "GOP Lite" as Biden is Hillary2.0 Clearly more and more have had it with both parties.. both completely lack credibility.. Obama opened the divide with his corporate bail outs while deserting the working class who lost homes and jobs... That alone was enough to give Trump an audience... The Dems will never own up to it if they are even capable of understanding it.. It is blame Trump or the Progressives if Russia won't do... They didn't waste any time attacking us either per 2nd link below...
    Omar and Tlaib Credited as 'Major Factors' in Securing Biden Victories in Minnesota and Michigan

'They Had One Job and They Blew It': Progressives Fire Back as Centrist Democrats in House Blame Left for Election Failures

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. #14 svedka, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    Anyone paying attention since March knows that COVID-19 endorsed Bernie Sander's Medicare for All... Those who lost jobs and their beloved health insurance company Bwaaaaaaaaaaaha, now think M4A isn't a radical idea after all... Not to mention those who get the virus and have to go to ICU or even regular rooms in the hospitals that still had beds left..

As far as the complete failure in having PPE stockpiled, that won't happen if left up to for profit healthcare, only single payer system could do that... Sanders warned of a pandemic and our not being prepared back in 2005... He spoke on global warming in the 80s... All available on C-span youtube... Trump fired the pandemic team in 2018...
    Having a government that is socially responsible instead of catering to the needs of the rich and corporations would help too. Doesn't mean you don't have democracy, just take some of the waste from the pentagon and fossil fuel, big pharma subsidies and invest in those who hired you... WE THE PEOPLE...
    User Clip: Bernie Sanders on pandemic preparedness importance | C-SPAN.org

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. On behalf of progressives that are not on GC or feeling too complacent with the Biden when giddiness, let me thank VT for starting this topic... To be honest, i too am feeling fat and complacent. Truly had doubts the DNC's hand picked (with Obama's behind the scenes suggestions) could pull it off but enough progressives must have come through for Bernie who suggested they vote4Joe.
    Found this but only from a social member person i won't leave the name. i have to agree but frankly i need a break from the progressive spin which i know by heart already... Those MFs didn't skip a beat since March bashing the DNC, Dems and Biden.. i say give it a rest at least till after Thanksgiving... :bolt:

"Listen, I get that people are glad that the literal fascist president has been voted out, and I fully encourage people to revel in the pure comedy of his petulant whimpering.
    I get that these four years have been a damned hell scape, and we all need a chance to unwind before the next goomer comes in, so please, dab on the fascist if it pleases you."

"But once you've had some fun dunking on the ex-president, I need you to remember that Trump being out is not the end of the fight. The person replacing him is a conservative neoliberal who penned the disastrously draconian and racist 1994 crime bill, has bragged about being friends with segregationists, opposes M4A, and has explicitly told his billionaire donors that "nothing will fundamentally change" when he is in office.
    Biden taking office means the fight has only just begun. And the fight is going to be hard, because a lot of centrists and moderates will immediately stop caring now that Trump is out, and the DNC and GOP will both viciously fight any attempts to reform or overturn the systems that protect their power and control, even though those same systems were the ones that have been building fascism in America for longer than most of us have been alive. Biden isn't our ally. He's just a less imposing enemy than Trump"

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Yeah but the intelligent progressives over here are few and far between. Bret Weinstein is one of the lonely, sane and reasonable voices from that side. But he is an outcast, the insane progressives are the ones with the media coverage and financial backing.

That wouldn't bode well for the U.S. or anyone that relies on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. #17 VikingToker, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    What is the best strategy going forward for the American progressive movement in your opinion?

Edit: Shortened

18. Primary neo liberals in 2022.

19. Wanna hear a joke?

"What progressives needed was 4 more years of trump."

Lol smh...

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Btw how's that prediction record? I saw you in the prediction thread but noticed you never gave a prediction let alone voted...

• Friendly Friendly x 1