What happened to dome perks?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by G13adsAMY, Mar 27, 2012.

1. I bought a smokies brand(LHS) triple dome perk tube about 3 years ago for 200. Wish I had a picture. What I remember it was difficult getting the water level right between hits, it had some drag. Girlfriend broke it then replaced with a reg tube.
    I never see dome perks anymore.

2. Dome percs are old tech

3. Circle pers, ftw.

4. i have a dome perc'd tube. the pics are on my commodore 64 though, give me a few hours and theyll be finished uploading.

5. Domes have been taken over by showerheads for the most part. You can still find a few brands that have a very similar design to a dome. Mobius has a dome style perc thats still real smooth with very little drag. For it being old tech, they did it the best ive seen keeping it still a dome.

6. I think domes have pretty much evolved into showerheads/circs at this point since they are pretty similar in design anyways. :smoke:

7. Dome percs are still around, they've just been modified to become "circs" or "showerheads" or "ufo perc" or "top hats"

All of those are dome percs with larger amounts of slits.

8. technically circs and such flare out a bit at the bottom where they're slit :p
    domes are just that, a straight dome with holes cut/punched through

9. this

/thread

10. There ya fuckin go

I couldn't think of the word "flare" for the life of me to describe it lol

11. [quote name='"flammzrant"']
    technically circs and such flare out a bit at the bottom where they're slit :p
    domes are just that, a straight dome with holes cut/punched through[/quote]

On the same page with you on this. Domes dont flare or get fatter at any spot. Thats where the name change comes in.