What Happened? And What Should I Try?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by rickblaine, Jul 29, 2008.

1. The other day, I noticed that the fan leaves near the top of my plant were turning brown and crispy. I'd assumed that the plant was too close to the light and that the top was literally getting burnt. Since then (after moving the plant back), a lower tier of leaves is showing the same problem. Now, I'm inclined to think that I used too much plant food (it's a hydro grow). I'm using Botanicare Pure Blend Gro Bloom 2.5-2.5.

Does that hypothesis make sense? If so, I'm planning on switching over to plain water this afternoon (I think I'm about two weeks from harvest). Is that likely to fix the problem? Is there anything else I should try?

Attached Files:

2. can you please post pics with normal lightning???That hps makes it hard to see what is the problem!I am almost 100% postive that that is a Phosporus deficit due to flowering of the plants!!!
    See for yourself:

Attached Files:

3. Sorry about that... here are some pics taken under better lighting.

I switched to plain water tonight. If, in fact, you're correct about the problem, should I supplement this plant and not worry about residual taste when I harvest in a couple of weeks? And what kind of damage is this doing?

Attached Files:

4. The only problem I have with the over fert and phosphorus deficiency is the problem for both start on the BOTTOM leaves not the top. How far away is your hps, how many watts is it, what are the temps in the room?

5. I have a 450 watt bulb. Right now, it's about 12 inches from the plant. (It had been closer before I moved it two or three days ago.) The temp in the closet is a little higher than I'd prefer, probably varying between 75 and 80.

6. If I were you I wouldnt do nothing and leave the plant alone.I would flush them every day and harvest just the buds...you dont need any leaves right
    The plant will be trimmed already and you will just have to hang them and dry them without trimming the buds:)
    There is no need for any suplements because you said yourself that she is 2 weeks from harvest right???

7. That's correct. I switched over to plain water last night. We'll see what happens (and I'll let you know). Thank you for the input.