what happend to my subwoofers

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by duhganjaplanta, Aug 21, 2011.

1. i was listening to them then all of the sudden they stopped working and they dont produce any bass now. i wasnt listening to them any louder than i normaly do. all of the wires are ok. it still plays music just no bass.

2. Did they rattle too much and lose a connection?

3. Sounds like the work of paranormal activity to me. I would sell the speakers as soon as possible and proceed to move away.

4. Everything good with ur amp? Check teh fuse maybe?

5. If you can still hear music out of them but the bass has gone it sounds like you have blew your woofers, test them on another appliance and see if your still having the same problem? If your not and they work fine I would say you might have blow your amp or internal amp in your system if you have one...

Peace..

Keepontoking...

6. so how much does it usually cost to fix a blown woofer? or amp?

7. what is the fuse. i know nothing about this stuff

all of the wires are in and not loose

8. #8 mrdeadfolx, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2011
    Well if you're pretty sure your subs aren't blown (no distortion in the rest of the sound? are they trying to kick or just not at all?) I would then check the fuse. It should be in the back of your amp you might need a screwdriver to get to it

But it does sound like they're blown but you probably would've noticed when it happened

9. they dont kick at all. i looked at the fuse and it looks ok.

10. #10 Vir Infractus, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2011
    There is a fuse on the amp and a fuse on the wire coming from the battery to the amp. Check both fuses.

If you have a test light or multimeter test for 12 volts present at the wire that feeds the amp(the big wire from the battery), and then check for 12volts on the switched wire that turns the amp on. Most importantly, make sure the ground is secure at both ends.

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEdkAqoTlNo&feature=related]Lil Jon - Bass Test - YouTube[/ame]

use that song to test them out

12. Yeah my amp took a shit in the middle of a song once to. How many watts is it, and how many watts are your subs?

13. Sounds like your amp is going out or is out.

14. re do tyhe wires. thats what the problem normally is with mine. the sub undergoes so much vibration its no big deal for wires to come out

15. Damn sounds like a bad day. Get it professionally done;

16. this is a damn good idea too, op.

17. took it in and found out a wire just shook out.

Derp

in my defense the wire was hidden and wasnt out in the open