What guitar are you playing?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by acousticjams, Oct 30, 2009.

1. I own two acoustic guitars.

An epiphone cutaway as my acoustic/electric for performances

and i have another acoustic as my throw around guitar for campfires, trips to the beach, etc.

its a mitchell md-100S , and it will blow you away for $159.

if your looking for a cheap, toss around guitar with a GREAT sound.. look into it.

2. I'm curretly playing my two basses, a fretless psychedelic P-bass, and a Fender Jaguar bass. My brother recently told me I could have his old Squier Strat, it has a new tremolo put in(not sure which brand), and two Seymour Duncan Hotrails with a Seymour Duncan humbucker. I'm pretty stoked for it, I just have to go pick it up from my buddy's house.

3. #3 Floydian, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019

4. i had an ovation celebrity and i was the least bit impressed...

idk i just didnt like it for some reason.

5. I'm playing an Alvarez acoustic.

Not the best, but i had one hell of a deal, and it sounds great. It sure as hell delivers, and a great bang for my buck.

Savin up for a taylor :cool:

6. Taylor's sound amazing, I had one of my friends' twelve string for a while and it was an awesome playing guitar, wish I had the cash for one:(.

7. Right now I've got a Schecter Omen electric. Looking to get an Epiphone SG come christmas.

8. seems like everytime i walk into guitarcenter.. the first guitars that catch my eye are taylors....they are beautifull

but you can find a guitar that is very comparable to the sound of taylors for a lot less.

i just dont see spending upwards on $3000 for a guitar.. when you can get the same sound from and $800 guitar.

my opinion

9. I've owned quite a few cheap guitars and basses that sounded amazing, but the feel and playability of an expensive guitar can never be matched. My bros Strat(well mine now:D) sounds amazing, you can get incredibly rich tones out of it, and it definately sounds better than a standard Strat even though it was cheaper even with the upgrades. But everytime I play my friends Custom Shop Strat, I want to rip the neck off and do a transplant.

10. 2006 Fender American Series Stratocaster

Vintage white/rosewood fingerboard/gold anodized pickguard

[​IMG]

11. epiphone special II.

got it from a friend for free. it's pretty legit for not paying anything. my only complain is that always goes out of tune and i pretty much have to tune it everytime i pick it up.

12. That's awesome man, I love those pickguards!

Might as well throw up a picture of my main bass, and the only instrument I currently have a picture of(I'll try and work on that tommorow).

Attached Files:

13. nice fender ^ and i like the color scheme.

14. Fender strat with texas special pickups
    1952 guild
    epiphone les paul custom

15. Playing a Mexican made (i am frugal/cheap) Fender Strat, very versatile and easy to master. Have owned and tried many different brands, wasted a lot of pay cheques on different gear.

16. Im playing a mexican strat as well as my la patrie collection classical.

17. i WAS playing a jackson dxmg. passive EMG's, liscenced floyd rose, and a 24 fret neck. due to unfortunate circumstances i had to sell it.

in a few months im gonna buy a jackson js30 kelly. just gonna save up the money

18. [​IMG]

Fender Custom Shop Strat '07 w/ Vox AC30

19. i have a gibson les paul that looks just like the one slash plays,but i put gibson P94's in it,,i got the ones with the gold edges for some style.:cool:

20. I'm playing my sister's old Ovation acoustic/electric. Not the best sounding guitar but i love it.