What grasscity is becoming...

Discussion in 'General' started by smoking515, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I feel like this forum is losing its helpfulness and users input, I've notice most replays are a sentence or 2. They also are usually sarcastic or not help full, I was looking at some other similar forums and most people have long paragraph responses, and are no just jokes. I mean I like the humor but not when it's majority of the replies are just jokes. Idk what it is, it might be all the -18 kids on here. I mean if they act mature I don't care but when all they do is be dicks on here and post " how do i pass a drug test" or just dumb threads that you can obviously tell we're made by some 15 year old kid. Does any body else agree with me?

2. Cool story, bro.

Seriously though, you talking about it surely isn't solving the problem at hand.

3. #3 .AcidTrip., Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012

I agree and i tried.

It might have a little to do with rep and likes. funny or mean is what wins nowadays, i try to be serious and get ignored, i try to stand out say something sarcastic or mean and shit changes.

That's why i enjoy the philosophy section, i dont post much there but lurking there is good.

4. [quote name='"deltaNEIN"']Cool story, bro.

Seriously though, you talking about it surely isn't solving the problem at hand.[/quote]
    Acknowledging it is the first step

5. [quote name='"smoking515"']I feel like this forum is losing its helpfulness and users input, I've notice most replays are a sentence or 2. They also are usually sarcastic or not help full, I was looking at some other similar forums and most people have long paragraph responses, and are no just jokes. I mean I like the humor but not when it's majority of the replies are just jokes. Idk what it is, it might be all the -18 kids on here. I mean if they act mature I don't care but when all they do is be dicks on here and post " how do i pass a drug test" or just dumb threads that you can obviously tell we're made by some 15 year old kid. Does any body else agree with me?[/quote]

This is the general section... What do you expect? Go to the growing section is you want to find people "helping" one another with grow advice. I spent two years of GC in the grow forums instead of general.

GC is what you make it. If you only read the dumb threads your gonna get dumb replies but if you scan threw past the first page you might actually find people worth answering.

Don't complain about the problem. Be the solution.

6. I try to help wherever I can, if it's a topic or subject that I have useful insight/s about...all the time. I have always done this and will continue to do this - it's what SHOULD be the give and take of the forum. I've asked for and received assistance, and for this I will always provide the same to the best of my ability.

My main issue with some of the people here is a directly unhelpful attitude, it's like a person can't ask a question without being bitched at or belittled - not by everyone, but there's never a shortage of just asshole-ish replies as well which just seem to be "I'll pop in and insult you" and give very little actual guidance.

I try not to insult people, I think I'm more likely to have a go at someone for being the aforementioned kind of jerk.
    A person should never be made to feel foolish just for asking a question or two.

An answer doesn't need to elaborate greatly to be an answer though, but helpful attitude to go along with it is always appreciated.

7. [quote name='"Flemian"']

This is the general section... What do you expect? Go to the growing section is you want to find people "helping" one another with grow advice. I spent two years of GC in the grow forums instead of general.

GC is what you make it. If you only read the dumb threads your gonna get dumb replies but if you scan threw past the first page you might actually find people worth answering.

Don't complain about the problem. Be the solution.[/quote]

I only posted this in general because I thought It was the best section to put it in, I look at most of the subforums and the growing stuff is helpful I agree, but the other subforums are like what I explained. I'm just sayin I've been a member for 2 years and it feels like its losing it community feel. IMO

8. Well when a town starts you got that village idiot that everyone knows about.

But as the town turns Ito a huge city that village idiot reproduces and invites family to come stay.

As GC grows your gonna get a lot more idiots. Avoid all the GC users that still post about high school or even mention school. They havnt been in the real world and dont understand how to conduct themselves.

Anyone that speaks in meme or post them on an overly consistent basis. They are just here for the "Lulz" and shouldnt be taken serious.

Etc.. Etc..

Wait till you get accepted into the VIP section. It's a safe heaven for GC members.

(I been here 6 years. GC is forever evolving. December of '10 was pretty chill. Fall of '11 was pretty goo too. It's just waves of good and bad)

9. [quote name='"RandomThoughts"']I try to help wherever I can, if it's a topic or subject that I have useful insight/s about...all the time. I have always done this and will continue to do this - it's what SHOULD be the give and take of the forum. I've asked for and received assistance, and for this I will always provide the same to the best of my ability.

My main issue with some of the people here is a directly unhelpful attitude, it's like a person can't ask a question without being bitched at or belittled - not by everyone, but there's never a shortage of just asshole-ish replies as well which just seem to be "I'll pop in and insult you" and give very little actual guidance.

I try not to insult people, I think I'm more likely to have a go at someone for being the aforementioned kind of jerk.
    A person should never be made to feel foolish just for asking a question or two.

An answer doesn't need to elaborate greatly to be an answer though, but helpful attitude to go along with it is always appreciated.[/quote]

This is the kind of helpful stuff we need more off.

10. [quote name='"RandomThoughts"']I try to help wherever I can, if it's a topic or subject that I have useful insight/s about...all the time. I have always done this and will continue to do this - it's what SHOULD be the give and take of the forum. I've asked for and received assistance, and for this I will always provide the same to the best of my ability.

An answer doesn't need to elaborate greatly to be an answer though, but helpful attitude to go along with it is always appreciated.[/quote]

I made a thread similar to this a while ago. Things have changed drastically since i've joined. I'm in the same boat- posting intelligent responses and being ignored.

It gets irritating, but the only people those 15 year olds entertain are themselves. I try to just ignore em, or correct ignorant statements for their sake.

11. [quote name='"Flemian"']Well when a town starts you got that village idiot that everyone knows about.

[/quote]

:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.