What Genre Do You Perfer When Tokeing

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by RollenJokers, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Hey Guys..and Girls, we cant for get them. But any ways on to the real topic.
    What genre of music do you like to listen to when blazing up a storm(with or without friend. dosent really matter). I personaly like stuff with a good beat. like Rap, Drum & Bass, Techno, and stuff like that. Of course I cant say I dont like Metal or Classic Rock. I dont know what do you guys think. Any preferences amunst you guys?

2. It doesn't really depend on my mood. I seem to be loving the extremes right now. I listen to Ani Difranco (folkish and at times jazzish) every week as well as a little Pantera and Korn. I really love old hair bands too. I have Dish Network and have Sirus radio through it. I love their Hair Nation station. Give me a little Quiet Riot, Bon Jovi, Poison, Def L, hell just whatever really. I love most music. (I listen to very little country and rap.) :smoke:

3. Usually it's either ska/punk (Less Than Jake), straight up metal (Pantera), power metal (DragonForce), or alternative rap (Gym Class Heroes/Aesop Rock). And, of course, any really bassy rap played loud.

4. Cyress hill and snoop

or sublime and dispatch

So i guess rap and soft rap

5. rock, techno and some rap, like mab a couple artists of rap. and this topic prbly should have been in the music section

6. Out of that list I prefer metal.
    But,I love listening to good hip-hop and reggae too.

7. i have to go with rap cause its just the beat not that i dont like rock but it just to loud when im high and the guitars get on my nerves

8. Play it live!! kharma.jpg

9. +rep for liking dragonforce, bert. They kick major ass!!

As for me, I love all music anyway, so I listen to most anything when I'm blazed. Metal, blues and trance techno are prolly my top 3, though. GOD trance techno makes for an AWESOME sesh. I was listening to that shit while driving around with the boys after toking up some upper mids... MAN that made me trip out. It was fucking great.

10. Classic Rock is always good [i.e. The Who, Pink Floyd..] Smooth Electronica [what I prefer, like Thievery Corporation] and sometimes rap is good [esp. Bone Thugs N Harmony or Tupac]. I also like some hardcore when toking [Underoath, BTBAM, etc.]

*Can't forget BOB MARLEY :wave:

11. Of course! They're gonna become a household name soon... what with them touring the US for the first time on Ozzfest and Guitar Hero 2 and stuff, which is exactly what I hoped when I first heard them.

“While other bands want to be bigger than Metallica, DragonForce have the capacity to be bigger than Star Wars.” - Metal Hammer Magazine

12. Underoath rules.
    They real hardcore though.
    Classifies under screamo basically.
    I'm not knocking either,I'm super into screamo right now.

13. Dragonforce isn't THAT good...

14. How could you do a survey like this and not include BLUES?

Pigailia

"She Wanna Sell My Monkey"-BB King

15. I've been listening to a lot of post rock and classical music while stoned lately, it's pretty good. Godspeed You! Black Emperor is quite amazing.

16. SACD (super audio C D) is the way to go. The resolution and dynamics are 4 times that of regular red book cd's. Any jazz fans out there? Pick up the latest Spyro Gyra sacd. It's amazing.
    The best thing is still playing it live!! Can't beat it!!

17. I take it you like Senses Fail too?

18. Haha, no shit, I'm just saying they've been getting a lot of recognition lately.
    Btw UnderOath ruled live... they had the entire crowd singing the choir part of It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door ;0

19. voted: other

electronica, land-scape, tech-jazz

20. I like to listen to soft rock or old school rap. Phish has many songs that top my high-list; as well as a good Sublime and Bob Dylan, as well as Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, and Afroman.