What genre do you listen to when high?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by DreamsOfMidnight, Feb 19, 2015.

1. I listen to a lot of genres of music but when I'm high I really like to listen to techno, dubstep, trap, and creepy stuff...

What are yours?

^.^

2. #2 Peaceful Dusk86, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
    I normally prefer rock, metal, new age and easy listening. I am weird though and it depends on what time it is. If I am high during the day time I listen to rock or metal and come nighttime I listen to new age or easy listening.

3. Indie/neo-psychedelic and psychedelic rock are my favorite genres. Albums like Sgt Pepper, Fall Be Kind Ep, and The Unseen.

Huge fan of Grizzly Bear, Quasimoto, Animal Collective, and sometimes We're From Barcelona, though I only listen to their "Let Me introduce my friends" album. Really though I'm open to any type of music except for country. Fucking hate country music (no offense to anyone!)

4. i like trippy electronic stuff usually, a bit of psytrance sometimes, or dub/reggae, electronic dub that plays with your mind 

5. Usually hip hop, rock, trance, and maybe country, it just depends on what I'm smoking. Sometimes if I'm smoking something more indica based I'll listen to something trippy like Pink Floyd or a nice trance mix. Other times if I feel full of energy from the weed, I tend to listen to ignorant rap or something lol. 

6. Classic rock and bluegrass or Americana are my go-to picks. Other genres of rock and metal, jazz, and some country are good as well. Maybe a little trance or something if I'm really blazed....

7. Late at night I'll listen to psytrance and trip balls but during the day just some 90s rock or anything really

8. metal reggae funk ska hip hop edm, just about all kinds of genres

9. Gangsta trap, underground hip hop, and various 90's stuff.

10. Depends.
    Trip-hop in the evening
    Classic rock in the morning
    Old school hip-hop/electronic music if I feel like it

11. Classic Rock and 90's stuff (grunge/alternative/punk/metal)

12. #12 SMOCATRON, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    I like any genre from death metal to reggae and jazz, but right now, I'm really digging classic rock and psychedelic rock, particularly The Zombies, Velvet Underground and anything Lou Reed. I like chilling to some Sly & Robbie, they got the sickest rhythms.

Good albums I'd recommend:
    Lou Reed - Lou Reed 1972, Coney Island Baby 1975, New Sensations 1984
    The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle 1968
    Sly & Robbie - Hot Dub 1984, Blackwood Dub 2012, Underwater Dub 2014
    Gorillaz - Laika Come Home 2002

13. #13 didier12, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    I listen to all sorts but mainly psychedelic and prog rock.

14. Reggae, dub, dancehall, ragga, chillout, techno, acidjazz ) 

15. Mainly classic and psychedelic rock

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. i just open a trance set and let that thing play for hours

17. some Krautrock bands like Faust Can Kraftwerk blow my mind stoned. same goes when listening to pink floyd albums fully. took me 10 years of listening to the Wall to really get their greatness

18. YES it's not just me who listens to this when high then 😃 I love it 👌makes you feel unstoppable in anything.