what games to get for xmas?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by tetoleetd, Nov 7, 2011.

1. i have a ps3 and i play mostly sports games. that being said, i dont really know what the cool new games are this year and dont really know where to look. id like to get something other than a sports game since i have all the sports games i want. so tell me, what are some good games i should know about ?

2. anyone? id like to add that i play games like gta, la noire, red dead redemption etc... when im not paying sports games.

3. uncharted games,god of war games,some old games from psn?

4. Battlefield 3, Skyrim, and Dead Island are all really great games to have recently come out. Skyrim isn't out yet, but definitely check it out first. Also, ignore everyone that says MW3.

5. If you have a decent computer that can play these and other multiplat games on even medium settings then they will still look and perform better than the consoles; you buy a PS3 for the fuckin exclusives like:

Resistance 1/2/3, Uncharted 1/2/3, Killzone 2/3, God of war collection/Sly cooper collection/splinter cell collection(way better in HD), God of war 3, Socom 4, Demon souls, DC universe, Gran Turismo 5, inFamous 1/2, Little big planet 1/2, MLB the show 07' - 11', Mod nation racers, 3d dot game heroes, Motorstorm 1/2/3, Ratchet and clank 5/6, Valkyria chronicles, last AND definitely the best Metal-mutha-fuckin Gear-fuckin-4!

6. He asked for cool new games this year, most of those are old. If you buy a console only for it's exclusives, you're wasting money. And I honestly prefer the exclusives on 360, even though I own a PS3. MGS4 was fun, but in reality it's just one big fucking movie.

7. No you only get your moneys worth when you get exclusives because exclusives are the only games that push the console to it's limits for whichever company is the dev; but not just for GFX/PHSX, but for performance(frame drop/screen tearing) and bugs/glitches.

The only games on Xbox that aren't found on PC are Halo 3/reach, Gears of war 2/3, Fable 2/3, Forza 2/3/4, and Alan wake; all other "exclusives" can be found on PC. And if your gonna buy an Xbox to play 3 franchises and pay for Xlive just to play Halo and Gears then your a fucking idiot.

PS3 has more exclusives that are of higher quality than 360 and all the multiplats that are better on 360 are WAY better on PC.

8. All I see are opinions. You get your moneys worth for buying a game that you enjoy playing. I don't know what you're going on about with this "testing it's capabilities" bullshit, there's a whole variety of games to play, it all comes down to preference. I like PC's better for gaming. But I'm more comfy chilling on my couch, as opposed to slumped over in a computer chair.

I also never said I bought a 360 just for the exclusives, because I'm not you (durrrr).

9. Dark souls
    MGS HD collection
    Uncharted 2/3
    Arkham city
    AC:Revalations

there's roughly 300$ of golden happiness

EDIT: oh also...skyrim was implied.

10. Oh yea forgot that one.

Skyrim and any other open world games shine MUCH harder on PC because draw distance is much larger meaning those vistas are just so much more awe-inspiring.

11. I would never buy a 360 unless it was a first gen homebrew or a really cheap used one that I would hack for low bug free games, other wise, your throwin your money down a pit man, it's just not worth the premium price of an xbox to have only 6 franchises that actually USE the hardware that you payed 200-300$ for and 50$ a year for online, and if you want netflix then you have to pay for that too, and the HDDs are proprietary and cost 3x as much per GB.

If you like your couch and TV then hook it up to your PC and install a 360 controller driver or get a wireless keyboard/mouse. The only reason to really get a console over PC is low cost value, PS3 has more value than 360 unless you hack it or just enjoy M$'s 14" cock violating you and your wallet.

12. I'm not wasting money on a console because I don't strictly buy exclusives like you. I have games on my PS3 that I enjoy playing on PS3, and I have games on my PC that I enjoy playing on PC. I don't see how that's hard to understand. They both have their strong points, but you're just kind of being an elitist now (no offense).

13. In my opinion you don't buy a PS3 to ONLY play exclusives, but you ONLY buy a PS3 because of the exclusives it offers if that makes any sense.

If you have no interest in the handful of amazing PS3 only games around then you would be much better off getting a 360 or even better sticking with PC in my opinion. they have bigger libraries of games and a better/larger online community even if for 360 you have to pay for Xbox live. also in a more nit picky sense I find the 360 controller to be superior to the PS3 controller and a keyboard/mouse is just the own.

like i said though, theres a pretty meaty list of amazing titles you can only get on PS3 (as in not even on PC) that justify the purchase in my opinion.

14. Well yeah, exclusives definitely make a difference when choosing which console to purchase. But buying a console for the price you're paying, and only looking forward to playing like 6 games, is strange.

15. true, but I think PS3 has a long enough list of exclusives, and knowing that the list will be growing steadily in the future to justify picking one up now.

now buying a release PS3 is another story...AWWWWWW RIGHT! got my new PS3, MGS4, and......wait fuck

16. There should just be one console. The Playbox Wii60. It sucks owning a PS3 when most of the people I know own a 360.

17. yeah back when all the current gen systems came out I bought the PS3 and totally regretted it since all my buddies were on 360 having fun while i sat there with no friends;;

the only thing that would scare me about having one all encompassig console would be that they could pretty much charge anything they wanted for games and services since they would have no competition

18. Like I said, the PS3 doesn't have only 6 franchises but somewhere on the order of 15 - 18, and the online doesn't cost extra. I'm only talking about getting your moneys worth for the hardware, why pay money for hardware you won't use to it's full potential? For PC that makes sense because it just translates to extra frames meaning with a nice enough PC you could play every game at a minimum of 60fps for the even the most hectic portions of a game, for console exclusives it can drop from 30 to 24fps which is fine and dandy but certain multiplats can hit a nasty 12fps, which is just not fun anymore.

19. Goddamn man, I was exaggerating. Stop being an elitist and let me play my damn video games :rolleyes:

20. good old capitalism, My favorite gen for consoles was the last one, PS2 got all the dev attention and Xbox put just enough pressure on PS2 devs to push the PS2, although I wish it was reversed because the Xbox was 4x as powerful and twice as easy to write for.