What game should i get?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Slater 420, Jan 5, 2012.

1. I've got an amazon voucher that i wanna spend on a game, ive narrowed it down to a few but which would you choose from the following?

Batman: Arkham City
    Gears of War 3
    Battlefield 3
    Dead Island
    Skyrim

Now, i know a lot of people love skyrim, i personally got so bored with oblivion after 1 hours worth of playing it, if skyrim is anything like that im not interested.. i have heard good things though

2. Skyrim. Its easier to get into than Oblivion. If thats still a no, Dead Island.

3. Id go with... Arkham City (if you have played Asylum it will make more sense, but if you like assassins creed typed games this game is pretty kick ass) Dead Island... or Skyrim hahahahahahah

Ive lost so many hours of my life too those 3 games

4. EarthBound on SNES!:smoke:
    Nah, but seriously if you couldn't get into Oblivion I don't see you getting into Skyrim.
    I'd go for Arkham City or Battlefield. Depends if you're after single player or multi player really.

5. None of these games compare to earthbound.... no game ever has, or will

6. I still don't know, a friend of mine just told me he has skyrim and its really addicting and i love all sorts of games but i don't see myself playing it for 100 hours, few games keep me that occupied..

I just bought mafia 2 for £7 and im contemplating between skyrim or battlefield.. battlefield is pulling me in because i hate mw3 online aspects and bf3 looks incredible... ill be back haha

7. Id still check out arkham city if its still an option man hahaha. Such a bad ass game

8. Skyrim. And I'd recommend replaying oblivion too. ;) I personally just picked up borderlands goty edition, and I've been loving it! Was only 30$ too.

9. arkham city

10. Gears 3! Hands down no doubt!

11. Battlefield 3 is the best online multi-player game i've ever played on xbox, and that's after playing cod4/6 extensively, and all the halo's. However, if you want to get the most out of it you need ideally 3 other people who can get on at anytime to play in a squad together.

12. ^This.

Granted the game will be fun either way, but being able to coordinate ambushes, attacks, etc with your friends makes the BF multiplayer just so much more amazing.

13. Battlefield or skyrim is what i would go with, ive also heard batman was very very good game. dead island was fun, but i couldnt possibly run threw it again. it was to repetitive to be re-playable.

Between bf3 and skyrim, only 1? very tough choice. there 100% different games. fps shooter or a 100% single player rpg. i personally would buy both to have 2 different experiences :D

14. Am I allowed to say mw3? Don't hate me:(

15. The Mass Effect series, DAH series, Elder Scrolls series, Fallout series and Deus Ex series are all worth a look into.

16. If you've played any CoD, you've played them all pretty much.

Sorry if I sound like a fanboy to you, but I just can't get into anymore CoD's cause they all are redundant and no longer boundary breaking masterpieces like they use to be.

@Slater 420: although Skyrim bears some resemblance to Oblivion, it is a completely new, wonderful experience. The sense of exploration has been improved soo much from Cyrodiil to Skyrim. (As in Cyrodiil had dead spots in the world while Skyrim has used all the land beautifully)

BF3 is a very good fps if you like feeling like you're immersed in a modern battlefield where every second on the field is a second to savor (the sound design is immaculate, the engine makes the game gritty yet beautiful, and the game is constantly rewarding you based on the way YOU play.)

finally, Gears 3 is an absolutely fantastic game too. the story really has a grim outlook that makes you love the characters just that much more. the campaign really brings you to entirely new environments that have never been explored before in Gears. the additions to Horde mode and Beast mode are extra icing on the cake. only touched the multiplayer, but it is so much better than in Gears 1 and 2.

sorry for that wall of text so i'll just break it down for you

tl; dr -

Skyrim - if you love exploration and being rewarded for everything
    BF3 - immersion into a battlefield, rewards you on your playstyle
    Gears 3 - beautiful storyline, Horde Mode improvements & Beast Mode, improved multiplayer

17. rep to both, earthbound is the best fucking game ever.

affected me spiritually, emotionally, on the realz yo.

and sirsog, you are correct, nothing in the history of man will ever match earthbound.

18. looks like i need to buy an snes and earthbound asap :eek:

19. you won't regret it.

i'd go so far as to say nothing i will ever experience from now on will ever match the experience of playing earthbound at 11 . . . . . . it's the very definition of childhood fucking nostalgia

and the music, i have it on my phone, it's literally the best music i have ever heard ever