What game has the best Enemy AI?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Skywalker298, Jan 17, 2014.

1. You can stand on rocks and completely break the AI in skyrim

that is the definition of bad

2. SolitaireSent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. If you ever play Defense of the Ancients 2 (Dota2) against the unfair A.I. you will understand the true meaning of challenging AI.

Well if you've played FEAR recently then it's no wonder you think it's easier, but back in 2007 when it first came out there were very few FPS games that incorporated tactics like that against the player. The only other one I can think of that had a similar approach with the AI was the first FarCry.

Also, gonna get a little snobbish here, but if you played FEAR on a console then the AI got hit like hell in that game. On my PC I still have to worry about them, whereas on my xbox the game got too nerfed and it's noticeable.

5. I think some of you guys are confusing good and hard AI. Just because it's hard doesn't make it good. Like the enemy AI in Dark Souls isn't really that good. It's pretty basic and straight forward and can be exploited pretty easily. And they don't really change their behavior based on surroundings or anything.

FEAR had decent AI I guess... but I still didn't like that game too much.

I've always really liked the Halo AI. Getting locked down with low resources and still having to take out a ton of enemies really makes me have to think about my next move. And the enemies seem fairly adaptive

6. Haven't played SoC in quite awhile, but I remember the AI in Clear Sky being pretty bad.

Halo

8. I enjoyed the AI on binary domain, NOT THE TEAM AI DEAR GOD, it was one of those mic games where you talk into the mic to your AI partner and he/she will do as you command to a certain extent, that part was pretty bad but with the higher difficulties and even the difficulty you unlock after you beat it on hard was good as well, the boss battles were pretty straight forward except for one near the end literally spent 40 minutes trying to beat this dude without dying, just 40 minutes of shooting this asshole, hardest boss battle ever, for me anyways.

Skyrim AI is a joke, sneaking Ai like gimme a break yo, dragon AI was half decent but getting them to land is easy and even flying around leaves them vunerable and easy to cheese

Pay day 2 had like..Decent AI. Not the greatest by any means but it does stand out a little bit.

And halo 4 legendary AI was off the chain at times, most of the time it was just throwing swarms of enemies at you with no formations or nothing but sometimes youd come across a good enemy set up that may take a while to beat, near the end stood out lots but the first few levels were a cake walk.

I personally enjoyed dragon age 2 AI on very hard difficulty every battle is like solving a puzzle very time consuming, although theres usually the one or two moves you always rely on to get shit done per character.

And obviously any AoS like Dota is gonna have an AI mode that is gonna shit kick you and your team. 

Yeah Clear Sky is just a terrible, rushed game. They were forced by their publisher to develop it in less than 8 months... such a disappointment.

Call of Pripyat was fucking incredible though, maybe better than SoC aside from AI.

10. I just played Splinter Cell Blacklist and it has a good AI,First one I've encountered..They feel so realistic.I turn off the lights the walk towards my position.Or if take out a enemy the other enemies start looking for the guy I just took out.I think shooters normally nail this.