what fert to use and when?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by eShock, Mar 8, 2009.

1. got a 2 week old Auto AK47... its looking beautiful right now and for my first one ever I can't believe how well its going :D just wondering when I should start using any kind of food with it and what kind and how much do I use at a time? using CFLs so i only water it maybe every 3-4 days...

2. Hey eshock
    I am not sure about nutes either and am planning to do some auto ak47 as well so i want to bump u and also ask you if u have a journal or pics anywhere in GC

3. Usually seedlings can go 3 weeks before needing to be fed. You'll want to start feeding soon with a fertilizer made for the growth stage. Not knowing if you have an indoor garden store near you, it's hard to suggest any one particular brand.

If you do have an indoor garden store, you can't go wrong with the Fox Farms Trio Pack (Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom) Your hydro store can point you in the right direction.

If you don't have an indoor garden store, you want to look for a fertilizer that has a higher first number (N=nitrogen) than the second two numbers(P=phosphorus/K=potassium) for growth, and for bloom, look for the second two numbers to be higher than the first.

In the growth stage, plants need more nitrogen, while in flowering stage they require less nitrogen and more phosphorus and potassium. You also want to make sure whatever fertilizer you give them also has the right micro nutrients (calcium, magnesium, manganese, boron, selenium, iron, sulfur, zinc and copper).

Once you choose a fertilizer. start off slow with 1/4 strength of recommended dose, and gradually work up to full strength. Your plants will tell you if they need the dosage upped by their color......if they start to look lime/light green, up the dose. Good luck on your grow and have fun.

4. #4 eShock, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
    but these bud as they grow which is why i was asking.. is there a veg stage vs a flower stage cuz im not too sure with the autoflower type...