What features do you like in a bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by bluechi, May 10, 2015.

1. Straight, beaker, different kinds of percs, anything else? If you weren't too worried about the price what would you add? What high end brands do you like? I've heard many good things about Mobius, some good stuff about Sovereignty, and that Roor is good but just overpriced. I'd be open to other brand and feature suggestions, though, I'm just starting research.

2. I have a movius, really good bong. I wouldn't buy a roor personally, as you said, overpriced for its performance.

3. #3 Deleted member 281310, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
    i like my bongs strong, thick and scientific glass. ideally 1 foot tall

4. I have a sovereignty downgridded stemline. I absolutely love the function, however I worked my way up to a piece like that. I wouldn't advise dropping a bunch of money until you figure out what you like. For example, the sov stemline that I own comes with either upfacing grids or downfacing grids. If you were to poll this forum I would be willing to bet 90% of the people would tell you that the upgrid is better.....but after trying both I prefered the chug of the downgrid over the lighter pull and stacking bubbles of the upgrid. There was no comparison to me. Had I went with what everyone told me, that would have been close to a $400 mistake on my part.

To answer your question, you can't really go wrong with brands like Mobius, Sov, SGW, 4.0, Dave Goldstein, toro, SYN, ect...so long as you get a general idea of what you are going to like.  My suggestion to everyone is to always just grab a lower price, well made straight tube until you get to try some things out....hell, you might even decide that that is all you need. Then you can always just drop another $30-40 on a gridded downstem and have a full functioning piece with a bunch of money left over for material.

5. I'm diggin Jm flow, he's the reason that pillar perks exist, my inline to sprinkler is a beast piece!

6. #6 VaWaveRider, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    Stemless, no more than one perc, and no more than 13 inches or so tall. I love my SYN mini shower head. It has everything I want. It's a great balance between flavor and diffusion. 

7. 12" to 14" high
    Straight Tube
    No ice pinches, perks or anything in the bore but the down stem.
    Broad base
    Glass no thinner then 5mm
    Priced at no more then $200.00 US
    No sandblasting, paint or stickers.
    Bore size around 50mm to 55mm.

Off the top of my head that is what I would like.

EDIT: and for the bong to have an air bag, parachute and a forcefield.