What Fans to use for (4) 1000w lights in growtent

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by oddpuertorican, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Hey GC I'm back at it again and plan on using a 10 x 10 tent but don't really know what size inline fans to use for my cooltubes.  Do you guys think I should order a 6" or 8" 1000w Cooltubes? Also any suggestions on exhaust fans and Carbon Filters to use. 

Thanks everybody  :smoking:  :smoking:

2. no suggestions?

3. What size is your holes in the tent. Id say a 6 inch 450 cfm fan on full blast will doo the trick. I have a 6 inch 450 cfm on half speed for 1 1000 watt.. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. And same for your carbon filterSent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 GOLDENBOY, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
    Shit. You said 4 1000s. Id try a 8 inch inline fan. Do you really need 4 1000s? Got my sizes mixed up. Was thinking of a 5x10 tent.. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Yeah, i'm growing 35 plants, 9 different strains.  This won't be my first large grow I have a little journal on one of my past grows with a number of different strains.  Last time I had 3 1000 watt wing reflectors but used only a A/C unit and it kept temps perfect.  But the smell was bit of an issue.  This time around I want to use an actual Tent with proper Intake/exhaust setup as well as carbon filter for smell.

7. What size is the holes in your tentSent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 AugustWest, Jan 18, 2014
    go big..

tents get hotter than your normal room.

get 8" hoods or cooltubes and fans and a dimmer if you need to turn it down.

9. Yea I got my sizes wrong there earlierSent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #10 rapo9510, Jan 18, 2014
    I'd say 8 " all day did u get 8" cool tubes ? Imo its always best to go bigger u can always get a control to dial in the fan speedI'm setting up 2 1000w in a 4x8 I hv 6" radiant hoods I'm super nervous it wont be enough I'm also trying to do sealed room so I can run co2 I just need a little guidance getting room set up I do hv a 12"inline fan hmmm ..Confused::Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Yeah, my last grow was the first one I did without a tent but the smell became way too much of an issue.  I'd really not like to use a tent but I'm not the best when it comes to constructing things unless there is a manual involved (for example a growtent) Any suggestions on if I should try and find away to avoid using a tent again?

12. Also, I have a 11 x 11' x 10' room

13. I have 2 rooms in a 30' x 30' foot unfinished basement and will never do a tent, I use reflective curtains with space at the bottom and top for free flow of air.

legal medical grow in a legal state where cannabis is legal. So the house smells like a pot farm.

I only have 2  1,000's but just upgraded to a  new sub 100 amp load center just for the grow room that will let me rewire the whole house easy . Run 240v and or 120v.

I don't run fans much if at all with the open set up.

i like grow tents.. used to run one for veg and flower, but now just for veg... i just sectioned off an area with some black & white poly and flower in there..
    but i always liked growing in grow tents..

15. I grow in a legal state as well but I do not want the entire house as well as outside of the house reeking of marijuana like my last grow.  My mom visits and wouldn't want her to smell a garden growing all the way from the beginning of the driveway.

16. How do you go about keeping the smell down?

carbon filter vented to the outside..

18. So you guys are suggesting that I shouldn't even use a growtent?

four lights is not enough to grow 35 plants.

and what kind of tent can has space for four 1000W lights?

Framing a room and completely sealing the outside it with vapor barrier and insulating/mylar the inside is so cheap and easy to do.

20. That many lights and i would run 8" for the lights and a large fan, then run a 6" with the filter on a seperate run of ducting. That way you can have an open intake to the lights pulling clean air from outside the tent with a seperate filter cleaning and exhausting the air inside the tent. I would vent both out of the room.