Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What exactly is %THC?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Simply Wilbur, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Hey GC, I was curious to what exactly is %THC in weed?

Like if you buy a gram of 20% THC bud, will .2 of it be THC? Also, is kief pure THC, or does it just have a higher concentration than the other plant matter?
    Thanks

2. Was wondering the same thing haha

3. Yea i believe it means that the mass of the weed is x% thc.

I think

4. #4 whammy, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
    I always thought that a 10% thc wasnt 10% of the samples weight, but say.. 10% thc of the active ingredients. Consider a 25% sample, most THC is in a trichome right? Doesnt really look like 25% of the gram of bud is trichomes to me. -shrug-

Where i am there are no labels on my product. this is just guesswork

5. ^ that makes more sense lol. What was i thinkin.

Not like a 1g nug is gonna be .25g of trichs lol

6. THC percentage is based on potency not mass.

1-14 % =shwag
    15-19% mids or regs
    20 - 30% high grade
    30% + makes snoop lion say "dayum!"

Keif is pure tricomes which is what contains the THC.

If anyone disagrees, please feel free to chime in with your 2 cents.

7. Meeee! ^

Anyway there are many labs that test out here in CO ill have to look into it and ask one. Ill be back!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. is the percentage of cannabanoid receptors stimulated when you smoke it

9. THC is the active ingredient in marijuana (though there are other cannabinoids that also have an effect). The % is the amount of THC in a sample. "Old School Smoker" gave the ranges of what constitutes good bud from bad bud, but honestly it all gets you high so it's all good. (fun fact: industrial hemp has to be less than 0.1% THC, so it can't get you high and only gives you a headache, yet it is still illegal for some stupid fucking reason)

10. Thanks! Good info

11. #11 Tree Burner, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
    It's a matter of.........20% of _____ is THC.

I would guess that if it was rated 20% that would mean in the sample presented.......20% of it was thc.

12. The higher thc, the higher.... High? Fuck I'm blazed

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Think of it like beer or liquor, 40% alcohol just means of the total amount of liquid 40% is alcohol. X% thc then means out of all the chemical make up of the bud x% of that is thc.