What Exactly is Iowa Ditch Weed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by FortysAndBlunts, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Im not new to this site, so dont call me a noob ( its my 3rd account, dont ask why.....) but I dont live in Iowa and have never heard of Iowa ditch weed, all i know is that it has very little if not no THC, and most people use it for camoflauge.

But like it just grows randomly around Iowa?

2. it grows randomly around the country.

3. Hemp was grown for the WWII effort all across the midwest (and lots of it). In Iowa and other nearby states hemp still grows wild, towering tall along fence rows, been many years since I was there. I recall seeing it on freeway roadsides back in the 70's.

Won't get a fly high either.

4. Yeah its just ditch weed, wild weed plants that really suck that grow here and there

5. We should find every single one of these, uproot it, and plant strains like White Widow, Jack Herer, Any Diesel, Kushes, Hazes, and whatnot in all the different states.

6. Three cheers for that idea. +rep

7. #8 champloo, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
    Theyed still suck, unless you gave um good soil and watered um and all.

But theyed be better than whats there now just because of the good genetics. Then within a few years they would all be cross bread.

8. Which wouldn't be so bad if it was all good genetics in the first place, right?

9. Im currently on the train back to wisconsin from colorado and we r stopped in iowa and what do i see but a sea of what looks like cannabis. Wild growing plants made my trip home!