What exactly is a dork?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sublime, Oct 5, 2016.

1. I'm always called a dork, almost everyone I've met ever has called me a dork. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I've been told it was a good thing but I guess it would depend who I'm talking to. But technically speaking, what exactly constitutes being a dork? I get the general idea, but what would you say is a giveaway that makes anyone a dork?

2. Ehh, what the hell is a gayfer anyway? Except I think that's more of a term used on elementary school playgrounds... but I've always been curious... gay gopher?

Nah, being a dork what girls call cute "nerds"... just means you're kinda silly and out there and do whatever... or something like that. If a chick playfully calls you a dork, it's a good thing. If your guy friend does it he probably means you're a nerd.

3. Never heard of that term myself.

So I guess it's a compliment? I dunno, the word "Dork" always just has a negative sound to it, it doesn't sound like a compliment to me, but everyone always says it is. Like I said though, I guess it depends who you ask because there are people who love cheesy and silly, but that's just me I guess. :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. The term 'dork' was first coined in the 1950's, and originally meant 'penis.'

To be fair...I've been called 'Jimmy' for years, and now people are using it to mean the same thing. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think dork and nerd are two sides of the same coin a dork just hides his nerdiness better.

6. Dorks are usually clumsy and goofy, opposite of swag?
    When girls call you a dork, it could be a good thing, if she's being light about it.

7. From this day forward your new name shall be Male Genetalia and we will eliminate the confusion!

8. More specifically, it's a whales penis.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well, I do leave a lasting impression in the opposite sex.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I consider myself a nerd but not a dork or geek.

Dork, in my oppinion, similar to what someone else said, someone that does something silly or goofy, maybe clumsy in action or with words. To me its benign.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Well, I'm certainly not clumsy in any way. I do stumble over my words a lot, but not over my feet! ;-) I do kinda think weed messed up my speech, because I didn't used to stumble over my words so bad.

12. Dont blame cannabis!

I am not an expert but i dont know of any mechanism that would cause that to occur. Remember correlation does not necessarily mean causation, ya dork

13. never heard of it..