What exactly do blind people "see"? I know it sounds stupid.... but read on.

Discussion in 'General' started by D9_THC, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Obviously blind people can't "see" in the normal sense of the word.

But, I was thinking, when I was stoned (like you do), what do they actually see?
    Is it like, when you have your eyes closed, or it's pitch black and all you can see is black? Or doesn't the brain/optical nerves even pick that up?

So, do they not see at all? Their eyes are open, but there is nothing. Not even black... just... nothing.

Yes, you're probably as confused as I am writing this.
    I have always found it impossible to imagine "nothing".

So, what do they "see"?

2. I think they probally see nothing and since nothing is blackness they see that. They see what we see when we close our eyes.

3. Some see a faint light from what I understand.

The loss or lack of one of our senses is a hard thing to imagine. I have a sister-in-law who is deaf and life can really be frustrating for her when she's out of her element.

That would be a good poll.....where's Digit?????????

4. I just find it so hard to comprehend things like senses not being there... like not being able to hear, or see or feel anything.

I'd probably top myself if I went blind or deaf....

5. i had a blind friend, he could see shadows, but barely.

6. I have a book somewhere around here from my dads "bookshelf of knowledge"...hes got the strragest but most amazing books, and this one is all about just what you posted. I've never read it but maybe its time I do that. I do know that one of the chapters covers a rare disorder where people are born with optic nerves somewhere else on their body...their eyes are usually fused shut,and dont work at all, but theyre able to pick up lights and bright colors through optic nerves located in weird places such as their cheeck or their chin etc.....sounds fucked up.

7. I want an eye on my.... oh wait.... that slipped out.

8. "hey wait a minute!..I've got a big brown eye and it can't see shit!..what a scam!"

9. haha! ugh......

It's too early.... I got up for work (I clean at a local, but big airshow) at 5:30 AM and when I got to work, they tell me they don't need any cleaners any more. So now I'm awake and it's early..........

haha! I can see my choad!

10. where the hell are you?...its 11:08PM here

11. I'm in England. It's 7AM now, but I've been up since 5:30.... everything's different..... the streets are empty and it's.... it's.... August!

Haha! It's still July where you are :p (not that it matters...)

12. FREAK!...."OPPOSITE AS ME" FREAK!

13. No! You're opposite as me! You have to get with the times! July is soooo last month!

14. its true...ITS TRUE!..IM THE OPPOSITE ONE!.....I CAN'T LIVE WITH MYSELF KNOWING THE TRUTH!......

holy shit!..DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!

IM THE GHOST OF SUMMER PAST!...YOU'RE IN THE FUTURE!...WE CAN MARKET THIS THING AS BEING A TIME MACHINE!..WE COULD MAKE MILLIONS!(dollars..not those pesos you guys use!!)...WE WILL BE RICH!

15. WHO will be rich??!?!

Muahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

I shall make millions of my British pounds! And make a mockery of your smelly dollars.

16. ok in all honesty..how long ago did they stop putting out half cents or six pents or whatever theyre called. sorry if that sounds retarded but ive never seen half a cent before

17. you mean half pennies, and sixpences? and shillings.... all the stuff with the really hard maths?

18. yessum...sorry if I have offended your pride in currency or anything..I wa sjust wondering. I didn't mean to say that half cents were the same as a six pence... But isnt there another namefor the half cents?

19. haha! I'm not offended. I don't have any pride in my currency... I'm not patriotic in the slightest.

We have Pounds and Pence, not cents. *whispers Stupid Yank*

100 Pence to 1 Pound

Simple...

Not like ages ago (before I was born, but my mum remembers it)

Half-Penny
    One Penny
    Thru-penny piece (don't ask... it's 3pence)
    Six-pence...
    Shilling (12 pence)
    Half Crown (two shillings and sixpence)
    Pound.... I dunno... 12 or so shillings...

As you can see the decimal system is better :) But, some old people don't like the decimal system... it's too simple :D

20. And... pounds are worth more than $$$ so haha!!!! :p