What Ever Happened To Hippie Aged Music?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by HubbaBubba21, Aug 8, 2014.

1. From Pink Floyd to Jefferson Airplane. The Beatles to Jimi Hendrix. The Doors and so on to the legends of psychedelic influenced music. My question to whomever reads this thread is what are your opinions on what lowered potential of today's music to what it is now?

2. I don't know. Kids are listening to that drum and bass stuff. I have a hard time understanding repetitive electronic beats for 20 minutes at a pop. In my day, they wrote epic songs like In a gadda da vida  and Jethro Tull's Thick as a brick or Genesis Supper's ready. Artist actually worked on song writing for months at a time. Some songs took years to compose.
      Now you go to a rave and there is no singing, no human interaction between artist and audience. Just a bunch of e-tards trancing out to electronic beats. The songs were probably written in an hour or so. No talent.

3. Jimi is my man. I fucking hate music new music that stoners listen to its boring and imo it sucks. Bob Marley will always be #1 though. Another thing is rap sucks now. 80's and 90's were legendary now all they rap about is all the shit they have or some cry baby song about a girl. It's sad really...

Remember me? The one you stole your idea from.