What English speaking countries are easiest for an American with a B.A. to immigrate?

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 472633, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Hey guys I've been looking for countries to move to after I finish my B.A. I would prefer Canada, Australia or New Zealand. My degree is in Poli Sci I'd be willing to join that countries military too if need be. I'm sure other people on this forum would like to know the answer as well.

2. Everyone hates Americans.

Just saying, cause ive been looking too.

3. #3 Deleted member 472633, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
    I've got enough points to immigrate to New Zealand or at least be considered as a skilled worker. They have a neat website thats easy to understand.

4. Personally I would pick New Zealand because of the weather. But from what I hear it's really expensive..

5. Is marijuana legal in New Zealand?

6. I'd move to Canada, but that's my personal preference. Free health care and weed is really cheap there.

7. I just need to find a job in canada so that a business will sponsor me. hopefully that won't be too hard. Although I qualify for enough points in New Zealand that they would invite me to immigrate. You need a hundred points to be invited I have 130 thanks to college. I'm feeling better now. I have an out when the country goes batshit crazy.

8. New Zealand is where I'm currently living. I actually had a flatmate last year, who moved over from the US. From what I gathered, his attainment of a work permit, and eventually residency, was a walk in the park. Last night on the news, illegal immigrants were complaining that their children aren't allowed to enroll in public schools, just to give you an idea of how soft the stance on immigration is here.

Weed here is illegal, unfortunately. But its use is very widespread, and it's never too far from reach. The laws against it are not too tough, you just have to be smart about where you smoke it, and how much you carry around. One downside is that it is relatively expensive, compared to USA. An ounce is on average $350, which at the current exchange rate, is about US$270.

I'd probably prefer to live in Canada, though.

9. If I ever get a chance to move, it'll be to Sweden.

10. How is New Zealand's economy? Are there plenty of jobs for college grads?

11. Come to Australia, it's much better. 'Stability' is the word I'd give our country given the current economic state of the world.

We don't at all have a problem related to it. Not sure what'd happen as an immigrant though.

Weed's also expensive, $360 an ounce where I am. In Adelaide you might do better with prices though.

12. #12 Carl Weathers, Jan 7, 2012
    It's not exactly booming, we're the same as the rest of the world at the moment. There is also the fact that it is a small country. Economically, Australia came out of the 'collapse' a lot better than NZ. I wouldn't move there if you paid me, though. Been there, done that. Their borders are a lot tighter, also.

13. I have never been to New Zealand or Australia what are the advantages and disadvantages of both? As an American who has no experience with either country from where I am sitting they look pretty similar. I readily admit my ignorance on the matter. Do either of those two countries allow non citizens to join their armed forces as a prerequisite for citizenship?

14. Christ almighty. I get it for 270. Is there a dry spell in WA?

15. What didn't you like about it?

16. Do both countries value education? In the US its all about experience, a bachelor degree is worth shit.

17. I think so, my brother has only a bachelor degree and he's already an engineer with a job coming up soon.

18. #18 Carl Weathers, Jan 7, 2012
    It's pretty hard to sum up both countries... it's also kind of dependent on your own lifestyle. I personally prefer New Zealand for it's climate, and for its people. Australia is a fairly hostile environment at times, but the Aussies seem to love it a lot...

As for citizenship, you can become a New Zealand citizen without joining the army. There is definitely not a strong military presence here. So if you actually want to serve in the armed forces you might want to look elsewhere.

The weather.. So hot it turned the grass yellow. I also found it impossible to get along with Australians, they rub me the wrong way. I don't know if things have changed, but to put it one way, they have an 'intolerance' problem. I mean no offense to you, at all. I'm speaking in general terms, not for every single Australian person.

19. Fuck Australia - too much poisonous shit.

:p

20. Heat is not a problem for me I live in the Southwest, 100+ degrees farenheit most days during the summer. But I bet its nowhere near as beautiful as Australia.