Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What employers "don't hold it against you"/hiring?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Magiver57, Aug 26, 2017.

1. In my late 50's, deciding to quit drinking entirely, I started smoking light, but regularly; in part because I was an alcoholic drinking a fifth a day of hard liquor. I am now [sober] 8 years. I found a good sativa gives me creativity in problem solving. Now that I have to go back to work for financial reasons (was retired) , my problem is; who hires you today without a urine test? Is there a certain category of employers that are less concerned about the rapid onset of more people smoking on a regular basis, particularly since the laws are trending to accept this as being "legal". Is my next mission to figure out who makes the best artificial urine kit and wear that thing to my test, just work around it? Is that the prevailing attitude? I am a much better "employee" now than I was then. I was a limousine driver. Never drove drunk, but; had a breathalyzer I would blow in the morning. Sometimes, I wasn't sober until noon, from the night before. Now I would consistently blow 0. Take your pick. A practicing alcoholic, but breathalyzed below legal limit, no pot. Now, I smoke pot and don't need a breathalyzer to decide I can go to work, sober.