Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

////What Edibles Have Gotten you Baked???

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by norcalstoner, Feb 28, 2008.

1. I've learned to start people very low on edibles as we just don't know when we'll run up against somebody like my wife who is a 2-3 mg edible person. At 10mg she is NOT having fun and will be pissed as hell when she comes down.
    [​IMG]
    Even a single drop capsule like this turned out to be 10x to strong for my wife.
    She does smoke kief-hash with me before dinner and 2-3 tokes sets her just fine. She just turns out to be hyper sensitive to my oil. Or it's just one hell of an incredibly strong cannabis oil.

One of my wife's former coworkers asked if we could supply her with cannabis oil for treating Cancer and since I make and use it myself for my own medical issue it was an easy do. Getting the dose down was the hard part.
    I used my wife for the tester and the first few sent her flying way to high and it took some real thinning of what I use to get it down to an acceptable range for the general public.

She turned out to be a 15-20mg user at night but used more like 5-7mg for day use.

Hell I live on my capsules as I'm in agony when sober left from 3 rounds of major surgery. Can't feel it at all when I'm capped. :)
    Works like flipping a light switch on me. Even pharmaceuticals don't work this well.
    These are all guesses on actual MG content. I think only Sam has done actual lab testing so the rest of us play with generally accepted numbers for our Buds, Hash, Kief, Concentrates.
    Buds = 15%. Can range higher but this is the number I use as I don't buy $$$ seeds or even clones any longer.
    Hash = 30% Depends on how green it is.
    Kief = 40-50% Under the microscope mine is all trichomes with no plant material.
    Wax-Shatter-Resin = 70-90% is what TTS has been buying to dab.

Even after you figure your numbers you still have to factor in the bioavailability. What carrier oil is used, if lecithin was used, Individual metabolism.
    Time of day. When you eat, How much you eat. LMAO. I've been living on edible oil for years now and I still get surprised and find I'm way higher then is comfortable for the location I'm at.

I also have to watch for stacking. By this I mean I can't take a cap every day. They add up and I wind up to stoned. I don't seem to build a tolerance to this I just get higher every day until I have to skip a day. A skip every 3-5 days seem to be the trick for now.

Toking when on edibles is another thing to watch for as the smoking will kick the edible in the ass and you'll get one hell of a boost for 45-60 minutes.
    Dabbing is real fun and extreme care should taken. Even I get more then I can deal with on that.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yessir I agree completely. I haven’t come across anyone yet with such a low tolerance but they are most definitely out there. I’m overly cautious about this when I share with friends in two ways.

1) I err on the side of over-estimation of the source material (flower, kief, etc)

2) I tell them to eat way less than I think they actually need. And don’t eat any more for 2 hours. Then they can eat another tiny bit.

I think most people starting out on edibles are a bit nervous to get too high. Getting too high on edibles is terrible. It’s not fun. So when I am overly cautious, AND they are overly cautious, it usually results in a good first experience even if they have to add more in 2 hours. :)

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1