what does the "tea party" stand for?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fracturtle, Aug 8, 2010.

1. i will admit that i know virtually nothing about the tea party but from what i understand they are a conservative group who want to hold the government accountable for its out of control spending, reduce taxes and return to the constitution as a basis for government.

someone just told me that the tea party's agenda is perpetual warfare, upward redistribution of wealth, and white Southern Christian identity. is this accurate? from all that i have read i wouldn't think so.

would anyone who understands the subject better please shed some light?

2. former is true. latter is r-tarded :)

3. that's what i figured. the conversation started when someone made the claim that tea party members are the most ignorant people on earth. when people make claims like that i tend to ask them why and when he couldn't answer me, another older gentlemen chimed in and told me about the perpetual war/redistribution of wealth thing and the other dude just agreed with him lol.

4. The Tea Party is a movement to hold the government accountable, that is correct. They address out of control spending, over taxation, etc.

Mainly conservative.

The people who told you that stuff about constant war and redistribution of wealth is completely false. Redistribution of wealth is the exact opposite of the main conservative points that the Tea Party addresses.

5. The older man is correct

the Tea Party is far right extremism, they've turned the political dialogue into extreme right vs. center right, instead of center right vs. center left.

meh, the level headed Republicans and conservatives can hardly get a word in, and because of the electorate they can barely speak on the true issues in the Republican party

but please, by all means, keep giving us people like Sharron Angle

6. You're saying that the Tea Party is for redistribution of wealth?

Isn't that what the old man said?

7. The things the Tea Party supports move money out of the middle class into the hands of the super wealthy

hence: voting against their class interest

8. How is constant war not what they believe in? Im sure most members support iraq/afghanistan, support isreal and want to invade pakistan, china, iran and north korea.

9. :hello:

10. China? Lol. No.

Have you been to any Tea Party rallies? The few I've been too, they don't speak about war at all.

11. You assume what you seek to prove. Logical fallacy.

I find it truly amazing, that even a basic analysis of the tenants of liberalism reveals glaring logical fallacies that make up not only their own position but their perceptions of the position of others.

The refusal to recognize reality is a strong sign of a particular level of mental illness. Which is probably why liberalism's 3 most sacred beliefs are also defined by mental illness:
    1) Homosexuality
    2) Abortion (killing one's own offspring)
    3) Fear of guns (due to stunted emotional and sexual development)

Quite literally, the lunatics are running the asylum.

12. would you be willing to explain how?

13. Delusions n projections

14. Why do you personally attack anyone who disagrees with you?

15. Everyone on this forum, be warned of Sir Elliots rhetoric

He wants to make average white working class Americans feel like the world is out to get them (Arabs via Islam, blacks via being black, Mexicans via immigration, gays via AIDS), all to deflect blame from (and advocating for) the giant economic pariahs and priviate companies raping the world economically

16. this was a sincere question.

17. i see what you mean but i don't understand how supporting tax cuts = redistribution of wealth.

18. So, how do you view our current tax system in which higher incomes are taxed at a higher percentage? I would agree with you more if our tax system was actually proportional.

19. Realy? cause I'd realy like to be able to participate in a free market where I don't have to pay income taxes on CD's filled with music I created and have to fill out a bussiness lisence for being in a band that makes money.

So what are the super wealthy going to do with the money? Just keep it forever so poor people can't have it right?

20. The tea party is a diverse factional group with each group having seperate interests, its impossible to have a singular platform. Some of these groups are petitioning candidates onto the ballot so that they have a chance to elect a specific tea party candidate's platform. I posted this another thread but I'd say its a decent example of a platform so I'm going to post it again:

This guy was also shunned by the Tea Party Express, which goes to show how divergent opinions within the Tea Party can be. Regardless of what any particular group believes, the core of the Tea Party is fiscal conservatism.

Also, what is so false about the pull yourself up by your boot strap mentality? I have watched my family crawl out of poverty and into abundance on nothing but our sweat and blood.