Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Does THC Do To Help MJ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Koh, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Wondering why the cannabis plant has THC, how would it help the plant survive in nature?

2. Its mainly made so that the pollen will stick to the buds and produce seeds.

3. Couldnta said it better.

4. No. Any sticky substance would do that, and the THC isn't just sitting there on the bud, it's embedded in the resins produced.

We are not quite sure but most scientists think it's for pest control.

5. Yeah I'm sure i read somewhere it was to stop things from eating the plant.

6. Well if that isnt an epic fail...lol Deer and bugs love weed plants so it doesnt stop them, might just get them stoned. lol.

7. A lot of bugs won't touch it though. No plant's defense is perfect. If it were an 'epic fail' the plant would die. It's actually one of the more pest resistant plants around.

8. ;)....

9. Ah I see your point, but it only takes 1 slug or 1 deer to kill a mj plant.

10. Oh for sure. Slugs are easy to deal with though, deer not much harder.

There's no such thing as a plant that has no pests.

11. You seem to teach me something new everytime i see ur posts lol. I just thought it was for the development of seeds...lol. +rep to you bro :)

12. The resins on the plant DO help pollen stick to it, but they think the primary reason for THC and other cannabinoids was originally for pest defense.

13. What does thc do to insects that eat it ? it's weird that in one regard its a defense and another it's used for fun or medicinally.

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2HipedgM3I]YouTube - Spiders On Drugs[/ame]

15. hahaha the crack spider popped a cap in the caffene spiders ass hahaha. I love that video oldskool :)

16. yeah, this, i thought it was like a natural pesticide... :smoke:

17. OSG that video was funny as hell, +rep for the laugh.

18. #18 DontPassOnGrass, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
    classic video haha.

as a microbiologist i wouldnt mind spending a few years 'studying' cannabis to help figure this out hehe